Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / A "On the water" cabin
hueyjazz
# Posted: 30 Mar 2016 11:54

And I really mean "on" the water
Not sure all of his assumption hold true but it is clever.
it did amuse and amaze me.

URL

bldginsp
# Posted: 30 Mar 2016 12:46 - Edited by: bldginsp

Amuse and amaze indeed. That's a lot of work just to avoid building permits. He offers to dig a pond for you to put it into. Dig a pond so you can build a houseboat so you can have a cabin?

In places prone to flooding of course it lifts above the flood. There were proposals after hurricane Katrina to rebuild houses in NO on floating platforms but the cost was too high. But it's a great idea for that hunting cabin on the bayou.

In Southeast Asia there are whole neighborhoods on the water next to some cities. In the San Francisco Bay Area many of the boat marinas are partly or largely full time residential as the cost of housing goes through the roof. With the increasing rate of ocean level rise due to you know what, many more of us may opt to live in floating palaces.

I kind of like being at 3800 ft on a hillside where water drains nicely away from me. The valley below my place became a lake after recent heavy storms. I like being high and dry.

shall
# Posted: 30 Mar 2016 15:16

speaking of a cabin on the water, if you have some time to burn, this is one of the most incredible message board threads that I've ever seen

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=185483&page=1

Cowracer
# Posted: 30 Mar 2016 15:46

Amazing what you can do with a metric ton of money. What a fantastic place, but I'd love to know what the final bill was.

Tim

creeky
# Posted: 30 Mar 2016 18:27

that's pretty cool. 14.5k. pretty good price considering the labour. Course Northern NY. Low prices for buildings around there with all the Amish lumber yards. and 60 barrels. Get a deal for 10 bucks ea and that's still 600 in barrels.

that pond place is amazing too. seems like he gets his moneys worth out of it.

bobrok
# Posted: 1 Apr 2016 09:46

Reminds of of that "reality" show about the people living on houseboats on Great Slave Lake. Can't remember the name.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.