Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / new member saying "Hello, all"
pheasantplucker
# Posted: 12 Nov 2010 22:27 - Edited by: pheasantplucker

Greetings. I just discovered this site from a thread on Homesteading today.com. Looks like there will be lots of interesting discussions here. I am a retired teacher. My wife and I own 15 acres in eastern Ohio, and five years ago we built a modest log home on it. We had a kit called "The Elk Pond" from Lincoln Log Homes. It is made of "D" logs, and aside from the basement, there is a porch, an "L" shaped great room, a kitchen, bath, two bedrooms and a loft. We heat with a Jotul Oslo wood stove. My wife and I tend a 35 x 60 vegetable garden, a small orchard with peaches and apple trees, and some grapes. I began keeping bees two years ago. We have planted close to 100 trees and shrubs. We have three large flower beds. We recently created an asparagus bed which we will plant this coming spring. Our property is @60% meadow and @40% wooded. I especially enjoy hunting, especially whitetail deer. My wife and I enjoy fishing from our kayaks. I will try to post some pictures of our place here, but frankly, it's been so long since I posted any photos on a site, I don't know if I will be able to recall how to do so! Anyway, I look forward to communicating with some of you folks about gardening, log structures, fishing, firewood, beekeeping, good books, cooking...you name it! Pheasantplucker

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 13 Nov 2010 11:44 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Welcome to the Small Cabin Forum, pheasantplucker!
To upload images, use the "Upload file(s)" link under the post's text.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.