Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / And for the dogs ...
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 03:50 - Edited by: Julie2Oregon

A dog log cabin, of course! Not kidding. Someone in Bend is making and selling these. The large one goes for more than $900. Guess my canines will just have to be deprived and share with me.

Incredible craftsmanship, though.
Dog_Cabin.jpg
Dog_Cabin.jpg
Dog_Cabin1.jpg
Dog_Cabin1.jpg

hueyjazz
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 11:47

Oh great
Don't let my dogs see this.

Of course it would have to be sized for the Golden Retriever's couch and the Pitbull's chair by the wood stove.
Of course, it may just be easier for the wife and I to move to the new dog cabin and let them keep the existing one.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 12:51

Oh Julie that is really nice.

I bet you could build one when you have time.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 15:09

hueyjazz
Haha, my thoughts exactly. Funny thing is, I searched my the area's Craigslist for cabin stuff and when this popped up, I initially thought it was a real people cabin!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 16:17

silverwaterlady
Last year, I had some a bit of work done on my house. Steps to the deck needed redone and some wood replaced, painting, etc. The guys took a shine to my bulldog and decided to make her a dog house in the backyard that looked like the house.

They used the extra wood to build it and then they went off and found scrap shingles for the roof and even odd ends of laminate to put flooring inside, lol. And they sprung for a solar light for the outside of it and made little house numbers for it -- my house number plus 1/4, lol.

Will my dogs go into the house? Nope. Hahahaha, I got inside of it one day and kept calling the dogs to come in, too. They came over, stared at me through the door wagging their tails, and then went up on the deck to relax. I've tried it again a few times but, nope. They're not interested.

My dogs think they're my children, I guess, and want to be in "our" house.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 17:28

LOL.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 18:25

Julie
I've been owned by five different bulldogs in my lifetime.

Never has roam the earth a more stubborn animal.
How about the four paw squat complete with nose brake action when they don't want to move.

Lazy and how about that snore. That's my ray of sun and will sleep in every window following it.
Sleep in a dog house?????, the nerve; we bulls are English.

But loyal and loving, they have no par. My last tried to prevent my girlfriend (since wife) from getting too close. Mostly with the head plow wedge technique.
And yes, my wife won't allow me to have a bulldog.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 23:10

LOL, hueyjazz! Yep, that's about it. And that stubborn set to the lower jaw when "she don't wanna," haha.

But love me, love my bulldog. She's my pal.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 5 Apr 2016 08:46 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: hueyjazz
Lazy and how about that snore. That's my ray of sun and will sleep in every window following it.
Sleep in a dog house?????, the nerve; we bulls are English.

Gee, I have no idea what you are talking about???

96 lbs of diesel tank, strong as an ox.
Gadget AKA Biscuit Ass
Gadget AKA Biscuit Ass

hueyjazz
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 12:36

Well Julie and Toyota
To prove I'm part of the club meet Penelope, aka Penny.
Dad's dog

When dad passed my brother and his wife took on Penny. I kind of wanted her but we already had two dogs and my wife gave me an ultimatum of either Penny or her.

I did get slapped pretty hard when the answer took more five seconds to think about.
Penny is a wonderful girl and always greet me as her lost love.
Pennygrass.jpg
Pennygrass.jpg
IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 8 Apr 2016 16:33

Awwwww, I LOVE Penelope! She's adora-bull!

See, if a mate gave me an ultimatum like that, I'd have to ponder at least a minute in choosing between him and the bulldog, lol. Probably explains, in part, why I'm single.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 13:15

Quoting: hueyjazz
Well Julie and Toyota
To prove I'm part of the club meet Penelope, aka Penny.
Dad's dog

Right on hueyjazz, love bulldogs. Good looking animals you have there.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.