Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / My weekend project
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 29 Apr 2016 03:26

Bought some "oops" paint and vinyl flooring at Home Depot after sitting down with their roofing pro about my roofing materials. I like HD. Smartest thing they did was hire experienced folks who could provide real customer service. The guy was a wealth of knowledge, retired roofer, who advised me on fair prices for the work, how contractors like to bid, and how I should counter. Nice.

Anyhoo, insurance is paying for dry wall and painting, too, so I headed over to the paint department to pick out some paint colors for my master suite and to look at carpeting. Figured I could try out some colors on the master bath walls because they don't need new drywall when I spied a quart of a pretty green Behr premium paint and primer enamel in the "oops" section for $2!

The friend who was with me said, "That's really ugly. You're not really buying that, are you?" I told her it would look great on my bathroom vanity. She argued with me. I asked the paint guy to pop the lid and he did after mixing it. He loved it, I loved it, friend said, "Well, I guess it isn't that bad." She has no vision.

Found some white paint, too, with just the barest hint of lavender. Perfect. And bought some vinyl tile called slate in earth tones with a bit of green and turquoise in places. I got the first coat on the vanity tonight and a coat of the white on one wall, too, to see how it covers. The bathroom is going to look awesome!

I picked out a nice carpeting for the master bedroom in a color called English toffee which will segue nicely into the browns in the vinyl in the master bath. I can't do any of the bedroom remodel, though, until the roof is done because of the leaking there and the drywall work.

I think these improvements will be great for the house sale.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.