Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Breakins - what EXACTLY been stolen from you?
KinAlberta
# Posted: 23 May 2016 12:51

I've been reading the great thread below about improving security but wanted to create a secondary thread limited to actual breakins and what EXACTLY gets stolen from small cabins.

I think it would be helpful in thinking about what to practically hide, take home, get fake/used "bait" items for vs. Just leave for the theives.

The generic answer of course is, anything and everything that isn't, or is, nailed down. That's not very helpful though.

NOTE - The much more important prevention and experience thread is here:
Breakins/cabin security
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/1_75_0.html

Just
# Posted: 23 May 2016 13:47

so far tv , canoe , tools , jar of change , warning sign , paddles , pellet gun , beaver pelt . food , I never lock the door , no one has ever broken anything or cased any damage to the camp

bldginsp
# Posted: 23 May 2016 18:00

In nine years, only pistachios stolen by a squirrel.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 23 May 2016 20:21

Only thing stolen over the years was a canoe

spoofer
# Posted: 23 May 2016 20:28

Had a art deco kitchen table and chairs, antique corn popper and a machete stolen about 20 years ago. They left the booze, boombox and crappy tv. Funny story is I told a couple Im friendly with to spend a couple of days there if they wanted. I told them where I hid the key. When they got home they told me the door was already Cracked open when they got there. So they just walked right in . WHHHATTTT

brooksm29
# Posted: 23 May 2016 21:14

They took all my tools and generator. They left my ladder and all the shovels etc...I am sure those tools require too much work and usually criminals are lazy. I am sure they will be back and take more stuff. When the cabin is done the only thing they will get will be a cpl cheap sleeping bags, some old pots and pans etc...if you roll up in their neighborhood to buy my stuff, it will be like a garage sale lol. Hopefully, the 25 bucks they will make off me will be worth what they could actually get charged with.

hattie
# Posted: 24 May 2016 00:52

They took our water pump and the plug to the water tower.

creeky
# Posted: 24 May 2016 17:50

One winter my canoe kept blowing off the stand. One time it got 1/2 way across the yard. Which was odd, as it was a rebuild that weighed around 200 lbs.

At the camp. I had solar panels stolen. Some tools. Minor vandalism. Until I had a loud discussion with my neighbor. Quiet since then.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.