Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New Toy
LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 11:27 - Edited by: LoonWhisperer

Picked up this Can Am SxS awhile back and finally got it up to the cabin.

It's a 2016 Defender HD8 XT. Lots of low end power and cool features like adjustable/flip up seats, tilt wheel, dps etc that will make it great for trail work and hauling wood etc.

Hoping to also get on the trails in Haliburton so if anyone wants to go for a rip, let me know
SxS
def1.jpg
def1.jpg
def2.jpg
def2.jpg
20160827_12.30.22..jpg
20160827_12.30.22..jpg

Steve_S
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 13:31

I see the Navigator is ready to go right away. Looks like a lot of fun and handy with the box on it too... Probably would haul a small trailer quite nicely (thinking portable hunting blind etc...) or a fishing hut in winter too...

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 14:01

Ya Steve, we figured the flip up seats would give her room on the floor but nooooo ... she's got to be squished right up against me lol

And I agree, great rig for hunting/fishing. Lots of torque to pull a trailer.

Cheers!

Smawgunner
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 16:21

Excellent!

Steve_S
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 16:35

I looked at a couple of rigs similar to that... Sticker Fright scared me well away... Not to mention the John Deer one I looked at (real nice but real $) like the others, so darn complicated and electronics.

I wanna find something similar but un-computerised and simple as simple get's... Not likely me thinks... oh well, very low priority.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 17:03

nice ride!!! Looked at the Honda's but sticker shock ran me off. Ended up buying an old Kia Sportage for $2000. It has AC and heater!!! doesn't go as fast over rocks of the UTV but works for me

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 17:56

Thanks guys!

I do hear ya on the cost. I am blown away by how much some of these models run. Even new ATVs are getting silly.

I'll be driving my car a few extra years now that's for sure.

davestreck
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 19:00

Man that is a cool rig. I want one.

But, as Steve_S said,
Quoting: Steve_S
I wanna find something similar but un-computerised and simple as simple get's

The other side of the coin:

Willys vs Gator

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 12 Sep 2016 19:25

Quoting: davestreck
The other side of the coin:

Willys vs Gator

Love that Jeep!

sparky30_06
# Posted: 13 Sep 2016 07:09

both have pros and cons, can I have both??

sparky30_06
# Posted: 13 Sep 2016 07:10

Actually I'd rather have the Can Am then the John Deere, that green gold cost to much.

Cowracer
# Posted: 13 Sep 2016 10:40

I recently bought a Polaris General Deluxe. It's splits the difference nicely between all-work models such as the Ranger or Defender and all-play models like the RZR or Maverick.

But golly, they do want a pretty penny for them...

Tim
genl.jpg
genl.jpg

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 13 Sep 2016 12:26

That's a sweet ride Tim! Congrats

sparky30_06
# Posted: 13 Sep 2016 15:39

finish the shack or buy a side by side? what's a guy to do!!!!

Littlecooner
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 08:10

My buddy and I are headed out for a return Elk hunting trip to the Bighorns in a couple of weeks. For the past few months, we have been "modifying" the Can-Am to use for this years hunting trip. One more great machine. We have enclosed the cabin, added the thin reflective barrier product between the motor and cabin, build a total body skid plate and added some skid plat material to the front suspension and building a "box" to sit in the back bed for additional storage out of the weather and added a brand new set of tires. I will try to post a few pictures from the snow. Dang, it snows early at 10,000 in Wyoming.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 08:58

I bought a new 2015 Kawasaki Mule. Its perfect for the cabin property. I have a utility quad also, but this works so much better. I cna also haul a passenger and show them around too. I have built a bed compartment that slides in, carry's my chain saw, gas, tools, all fencing repair tools etc. I have the roof and windsheild also. In my state, they can be made street legal, I made my street legal. I added the rotating amber light bar on the roof with 15 different patters (solid state LED, super bright) and a 2 meter ham radio. Its the best tool I got for the property.
P1020634.JPG
P1020634.JPG
P1020617.JPG
P1020617.JPG
P1020618.JPG
P1020618.JPG

sparky30_06
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 11:42

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
I cna also haul a passenger and show them around too

this is code for I have a sucker to help me clear land and build fences lol

don62
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 11:55

I bought a new Can Am Renegade last spring, What a machine, they really have quality going on, and anyone who says you don't need a 1000 cc 4 wheeler hasn't ridden one....

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 20:06

Quoting: sparky30_06
finish the shack or buy a side by side? what's a guy to do!!!!

Are you married? If so, I think I know the answer to this one ;)

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 20:07

Quoting: Littlecooner
We have enclosed the cabin, added the thin reflective barrier product between the motor and cabin, build a total body skid plate and added some skid plat material to the front suspension and building a "box" to sit in the back bed for additional storage out of the weather and added a brand new set of tires.

Sounds awesome. Bring on the pics LC!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 20:10

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech

I bought a new 2015 Kawasaki Mule.

Love it! I have OCD regarding organization lol and you nailed it. Enjoyed your thread on the Mule and all the upgrades you added

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 14 Sep 2016 20:13

Quoting: don62
I bought a new Can Am Renegade last spring, What a machine, they really have quality going on, and anyone who says you don't need a 1000 cc 4 wheeler hasn't ridden one....

Yep, I am blown away by the fit and finish on this machine. My first Can-Am, likely not my last.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 15 Sep 2016 06:37

Quoting: LoonWhisperer
Are you married? If so, I think I know the answer to this one ;)

guess I'm doing both!!! lol

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 15 Sep 2016 17:10

Quoting: sparky30_06
this is code for I have a sucker to help me clear land and build fences lol

Sparky, shhhhhhhhhhh.

Actually, I have a group of pals that would almost pay me to come over and help work. Its been a lot of fun. I do always feed my free help, they don't need to buy any food. And they eat well. They are more productive that way.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.