Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Upflush toilets
NMC
# Posted: 28 Feb 2017 21:53

Has anyone put an upflush toilet in their cabin? If so, do you need some kind of a septic tank? Thanks for the info.

bldginsp
# Posted: 28 Feb 2017 22:49 - Edited by: bldginsp

I've only seen this once. Main thing is to instal the out flow pipe above the drain pipe that it connects to and then drop down into it, so other sewage doesn't backflow down into the upflow toilet. The toilet itself should have a backflow valve, but if all else fails the upper loop prevents the basement filling up with XXXX.

I've seen lots of basement septic pumps, and the two main things with those are the loop over the drain and a backflow preventer. I don't know if it's a good idea to put in another backflow preventer in the upflow toilet waste line, along with the one built into the unit. Manufacturer's instructions should say.

This is one gadget for which I would read the instructions very carefully before I installed it, not after....

And, yes, if you don't have a septic system you would at least need a septic holding system. Upflow toilets, or "macerating toilets", require X amount of water to operate correctly, and that water gotta go somewhere...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.