Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Trikery trickery...
Cowracer
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 09:53 - Edited by: Cowracer

My buddy's father, who's like a father to me, putters around in his woodshop making furniture out of old pallets and barn wood. He made the headboard for our bed in the cabin.

One of the perks of living in St. Louis is you wind up knowing people who work at the Anheuser-Busch brewery. They use beechwood chips (chunks) to age the Budweiser, and those chips come bundled up in these 1x1 by about 6' boards. Dad has a friend at the brewery that gets him those because they just throw them away anyway. He has a couple thousand of them at his place in nice racks he built and he uses them for all kind of things.

Anyway, I was over the other day and the old bastard sent me to his shop to fetch his stapler for him. He said it was in the 3rd drawer of the cabinet in the shop. He only has a couple cabinets with drawers, so I go out to his shop and search for it. I can't find his stapler at all. I search all the drawers and no stapler. I go back into the house and said I cant find it. He says its in the cabinet that his red drill is on.

I go back out, and find the red drill. I am no feeling put upon as the drill is sitting on one of his racks that hold his 1x1 slats.

I go back in I realize something is up because the guy don't have a poker face in the slightest. Deciding to play along, I told him his drill was sitting on a wood rack not a cabinet. He says, "that's the one" and I knew I had been had.

He takes me out and shows me his latest work of art. He actually took an old cabinet and covered it in chunks of those 1x1s and made it look just like one of his wood racks.

I gotta hand it to the guy. I would have looked at that thing a hundred times and not realized it was anything other than a rack of wood. I am now in negotiations to buy the thing. He promised it to someone else, but we'll see how that works out.

Tim

Borrego
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 10:47

Wow, cool..... I love stuff like that!

DaveBell
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 19:09

Now there is a security/hidden storage idea.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 19:40

That is really neat! I love that kind of creativity!

Gary O
# Posted: 8 Apr 2017 07:37

Quoting: Cowracer
I was over the other day and the old bastard sent me to his shop to fetch his stapler for him

Oh, he's gooooood

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.