Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Holding tank question
Josh8880
# Posted: 18 Apr 2017 07:22

Good morning to all. I have a quick question I wanted to pose to the knowledgeable members of this forum. I have bath house with 2 showers at my cabin. They run right out to a gray water system. I am looking at adding one or two toilets to this that house, and I am kicking around an above ground, or below ground holding tank. So a couple questions...do above ground tanks smell badly?
Am I better of just burying a below ground tank?
This will only get minimal use. Primarily one or two months a year. Thanks in advance! Josh

moneypitfeeder
# Posted: 25 Apr 2017 01:01

Have you thought about a composting toilet at all? We have a Sun mar at our cabin, that doesn't smell, or need a holding tank. It jus needs a small run-off with a gravel pit for excess liquids. (In our neck of the woods)

bldginsp
# Posted: 25 Apr 2017 22:21

A holding tank, above ground or below, will have to be vented somehow so displaced air has somewhere to go. That's where the stink will come from. I have a full septic and occasionally get some stink from the vent on top of the out house. Locate vent terminations as high and far away as possible.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.