Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Can you find Hannah in this picture?
OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 7 May 2017 18:48 - Edited by: OutdoorFanatic

bldginsp
# Posted: 7 May 2017 19:22

If Hanna is a spaniel, on the bottom just right of center.

Nice cabin, close to finished. Tell us more. About the cabin, and Hanna, if you wish.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 7 May 2017 20:33

Its a work in progress. 12 x 16 with loft.

Its a hike in cabin and is wired for 12v or 120v. I have been using 12v for about a year now. The side that Hannah my cocker spaniel is on is going to get a deck and outdoor shower this year.

On the other side is a picnic table and fire ring. I spend weekends and holidays there and some week nights but its a long drive to work the next morning.

Working on the kitchen now. Things go slow when you have to carry everything in and out by yourself.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 7 May 2017 20:37

Quoting: bldginsp
If Hanna is a spaniel, on the bottom just right of center.

I dont know how many times I looked at this picture before I saw her there. Guess I was fixated on the siding. I've been doing two pieces a weekend along with other stuff that I can carry in.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 8 May 2017 08:55 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

She photo-bombed your cabin picture. Cute little nugget peeking out at ya.

Borrego
# Posted: 8 May 2017 09:24

Cute cabin, cute doggie......

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 8 May 2017 10:58

Haha. Cute I cheated and read the other posts so knew where to look lol

Cabin is looking great.

bldginsp
# Posted: 8 May 2017 20:09

Don't tell me that you photoshopped the puppy in just to get our attention.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 9 May 2017 05:54

Thanks everybody! Yip. Hannah is a cutie but dont let her cute looks fool ya shes a hunting fool too.
Don't know how many pheasant and grouse shes put up for me over the years but I'd guess a hundred or so.
And Turkeys? Turkeys drive her nuts. I had to buy her a shock collar because of Turkeys. She'd chase them right out of sight and be gone for hours.

Now if I can just teach her how to carry a full sheet of plywood.

Nate R
# Posted: 9 May 2017 11:04

Tell us more about the siding!

Is that T1-11 over sheathing? It looks like the windows have J-channel, though? Any close ups of how you cut the siding around teh windows and/or trim details?

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 9 May 2017 19:50 - Edited by: OutdoorFanatic

Quoting: Nate R
Tell us more about the siding!

Hi Nate, thanks for asking. This is 1x10 pine ship lap. I painted both sides before nailing. Later I will nail on some battens to give it that "board and batten" look.

Windows are vinyl double hung. I just butted the siding to the brick molding around them and will calk that before it gets the second coat of paint.
The white trim around the windows, corner boards and rake boards and skirting will be painted dark brown soon.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.