Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New Guy <
Bushwhacked
# Posted: 27 Jun 2017 13:21

Hi All.

I have been reading though a lot of this site over the last few months and boy howdy, there is some good info here and some good jokes to boot!

I am in process right now of finding my cabin, but as someone mentioned before "its in my mind already". It seems a bit more tricky than I anticipated to find what I want here in Washington state. I hope to have one by the end of this summer, thats the plan anyway.

Anyway, I look forward to more great reads and jumping into help out where I can.

Cheers!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 27 Jun 2017 13:47

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 27 Jun 2017 20:56

Bushwacked, I too am in Washington, where are you wanting to build?

Welcome.

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 27 Jun 2017 21:53

Thanks for the welcoming.

Toyota, Im looking in the Cascades, Rainer to Baker. I believe I recall reading your in the Okanogan Forest. Is that correct ( not to sound like a total stalker, but like I said most of this I've read in the last few months lol).

Im in Seattle and want something close enough that "I'm there all the time" yet its far enough away.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 Jun 2017 10:55

Yes, I am and close has its advantages. I live in the capital city. OK, nice country where you want to be, plenty of rain, so have lots of overhang and no wood close to the ground that isn't treated. Build for heavy snow loads too. Do you have property already or still looking?

Howdy neighbor.

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 28 Jun 2017 16:26

Still looking for a property that fits my criteria. I may use insulated concrete forms for my build. Ive built a couple houses out of this product and it works pretty good once you get past the learning curve.

http://www.quadlock.com

Did you pick where you are for the weather, landscape, or just happened to find land that worked for you?

Either way, once I build or buy ill have to come over and ask you for a cup of sugar

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 Jun 2017 18:12

I like that concrete stuff, perfect for fire prone areas. That will definitely stand up to anything the region can toss at it for sure.

I just looked and the land kind of found me. We just went to "look" only and saw it, found out my taxes for a year on timberland and I couldn't get the checkbook out fast enough. The rest is history.
You bet on a cup of sugar, any cabineer in here is welcome.

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 29 Jun 2017 00:17

I hope the land is looking for me

I really appreciate the welcome!

Steve_S
# Posted: 29 Jun 2017 08:04

Welcome Bushwhacked ! There are a good number of folks on this forum in Washington State as you see a couple have popped up to say Howdy !

Maybe if you put together a list of need, want, would like to have and the general area of where your looking, you may just get a few leads and tips from our most helpful Cabineer's !

yup.. Cabineer's is my word for the week... seems fitting.

benny8
# Posted: 29 Jun 2017 09:42

Welcome from a fellow newbie.

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 30 Jun 2017 01:46

Thanks all!

Thats a great idea Steve_S! I work on putting something together and post it here.

I to am a fan of the "Cabineer" word. Quite cool

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.