Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Photobucket
Kev
# Posted: 6 Aug 2017 22:01

Am I the only one that is getting annoyed at photobucket's Terms of Service? Its getting old that when I goto a thread and all I see is that stupid ad for the $400 a year subscription needed to use photos as a 3rd party. Its ruining the forum community in my opinion. /rant over.

ICC
# Posted: 6 Aug 2017 22:21

Yeah it is sad, but PB is not the first image host to change the terms of service in mid-stream. Other services have closed up shop and had the same effect on disrupting forums, blogs, you name it. Those of us who were using PB and those of us who use other image hosts, free or paid have to remember that nothing is permanent and that is especially true when we mooch services and don't pay for them. I was a leach for many years too.

Take a realistic hard look at it. Every time a forum page with a link to an image stored on PB is opened, PB has to send that image file to the computer viewing the page. There's no free lunch, at least not a free lunch that goes on in perpetuity. PB simply got tired of supplying free bandwidth for the millions of images that are linked between PB servers and countless forum pages.

PB is very annoying but what they did makes sense from a dollar and cents viewpoint. If they piss off a bandwidth leach and they stop using PB, then PB is not out any money. In fact they save money. Maybe that will save their hide, maybe it won't. I always wondered how they managed to provide free storage and the associated bandwidth. Now we know it was too good to be true.

Kev
# Posted: 6 Aug 2017 22:29

I agree with you for the most part. They were probably starting to lose money from all of us leeching for free. The most annoying part is they didn't really give that much of a warning before they did it. It would have been nice if they would have warned people atlease a week before hand as to what was going on. My biggest problem now is trying to download my albums. It seems like everytime I try to download them it says something is wrong and to try back later. Its getting extremely frustrating to say the least.

deercula
# Posted: 7 Aug 2017 01:53

Photobucket ruined my build thread. All the photos are gone. They made money on the crazy amount of ads and pop ups. Bet it hey are losing money now on advertising. What they did should be illegal, S.O.B.'s........

ICC
# Posted: 7 Aug 2017 09:50

I found the only way to D/L my images was one by one. The album D/L option has never worked for me. Good thing 90% of my images were also on my HDD. Big PITA.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 9 Aug 2017 09:38

For those who don't know,
you can use Upload file(s) link under the text area when posting - this way your pictures will be hosted on this forum.

More here: <<< How to add pictures to your post on Small Cabin Forum >>>

Hope this helps.

Kev
# Posted: 9 Aug 2017 10:20

Quoting: CabinBuilder
Hope this helps

What I get from the "how to ad pictures to your post on small cabin forum" thread is you can only attach 4 images per post? Is this correct?

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 11 Aug 2017 15:49

Correct - 4 pics per post.
You can add as many posts as you need, up to 4 pics in each post.

Cowracer
# Posted: 15 Aug 2017 15:21 - Edited by: Cowracer

You can do what I did...

I made a free Blogger.com blog. I have loaded it with tons of pictures and I have yet to see any kind of limit. In fact, I have a "hidden" page that I use just to serve photos to other forums. Its just like every other page, but I don't put a link to it on my blog

Tim

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.