Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Amish Shed
t_bell40
# Posted: 14 Aug 2017 10:31

Just had an amish shed delivered to my property. It is 12ft by 26ft of floor space. Not sure what is cheapest and easy to work with for wall insulation or if I should. Not sure what I want to put on the floor ?? The floor is treated plywood I think. Then I am not sure what I should put in it as far as adult bunk beds or cots or racks that could store when rolled up into the wall. ??

creeky
# Posted: 14 Aug 2017 12:08

I used roxul for my amish shed. worked great. its more moisture / mold resistant then fiberglass insulation. which in an out building that has no vapour barrier. is it a good thing?

razmichael
# Posted: 15 Aug 2017 07:45

Roxul - YES. So much easier to work with. Cut it with a bread knife. It fits into the space nicely (firmer than fiberglass). Slightly more expensive? Maybe, but well worth it and, for a shed, the difference in price easily made up by the ease of installation.

t_bell40
# Posted: 15 Aug 2017 13:12

K Thnx I'll look into it. lanolium on the floor or just area rug and or small rugs for shaking out.

Kudzu
# Posted: 15 Aug 2017 21:18

Get you a couple of bootleg Amish carpenters and let them finish it out, win/win situation.

t_bell40
# Posted: 17 Aug 2017 11:24

Is Roxul mouse proof. I am in the middle of the forest. Lots of mice problems in the old place. 8 by 38ft new moon trailer 1955. Constantly battling the mice

jtamlin
# Posted: 4 Sep 2017 16:56

Nothing is mouse proof...get cats, then you will attract owls, owls eat mice...and cats...then the mice will come back. Start over. That's been my solution.

Your new place should be better then that old trailer, but I place poison under the cabin in a screw type plastic jar (like a peanut butter jar) and I cut a small hole in the jar so the mice can get in and eat poison. I also set old fashioned mice traps inside the cabin when I am not there...mostly works! you summed it up when you said its a constant battle.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.