Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Christmas at the cabin...
Cowracer
# Posted: 26 Dec 2017 12:38

When thinking about building a cabin at first, my wife was dead set against it. One of the things that brought her around was the idea of decorating it for the holidays. She absolutely lives for Christmas, and having another space to decorate pushes all the right buttons with her. We already have two trees at the house, A elegant angel-themed one in the living-room, and a fun, movie themed one in the theater.

So after thanksgiving, we went down and gussied up the cabin for the holidays. Granted, we only spent one night there so far while its in Christmas mode. We'll ring in the new year at it as well. It seems like a lot of work for not a whole lot of use, but you should have seen how happy Kelly was doing it. I just sat in the recliner, relaxed and listened to the Christmas music she had going. It was rather pleasant. Anyway, here are some pictures of our decorations:

Main Living Room: (pay no attention to the Lightsaber. I forgot to remove it for the picture. lol)

Fireplace Hearth: We could not find just the right stocking hangers this year. We used command hooks just to get buy. Kelly will be on a mission next year to find us some good ones.

Our Tree: We decided on a smaller tree because its easier to store and fits the room better. Her theme for this one is "Forest Woodland Critters". She decided after the pictures to get more ornaments, as the tree looks 'a little bare' to her. We still have not agreed on a 'topper' for it, so its not getting one this year.

All in all, I love how it turned out. Very cozy and inviting. We head down on Friday for our New Years Eve blowout. So anyone else got any pictures of their cabins all decorated up for the holidays?

tim

naturelover66
# Posted: 26 Dec 2017 12:46

Merry Christmas !! It looks beautiful.. Very festive and cozy
Too much snow to get to my cabin...if i could get there it would also have a nice little tree.

Lisa

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Dec 2017 10:27

Quoting: Cowracer
So anyone else got any pictures of their cabins all decorated up for the holidays?

very cozy (thought the light saber was for lighting the fire)

anyway, we too went all out

seemed to make the ol' spare happy

(didn't photofiddle with this, just a merry wheel)

Just
# Posted: 27 Dec 2017 10:41

not much snow . We have a bunch . Tire Santa is the best ...

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Dec 2017 10:54

Quoting: Just
not much snow

yeah, we're not complainin'
it'll come soon enough...or summer w/be fire season...and a sad tire

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.