Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Creeky! Looking for info....
Bushwhacked
# Posted: 3 May 2018 00:29

Hey Creeky, I appreciate all the solar info you have posted on the site. I am considering making the house I just purchased run on 100% off grid solar. I have about a million questions, and am totally unfamiliar with solar.... though I would like to see what I can find out on my own first. In some of your posts on here, and in your member info, you have posted links to your blog and website. When I click them, its a dead link. Is it something on my end? I tried last night and just now.

Thanks!

Steve_S
# Posted: 3 May 2018 06:20

Here you go https://bobolinksolar.com/

creeky
# Posted: 3 May 2018 10:40

Thx Steve. I worry that I post too many links to my site(s).

My "creektreat" site had a transfer issue with the database (my fault entirely) and now conflicting database formats/versions are keeping the site down. I should fix it!

There has never been a better time to take your house off grid. The costs are reasonable and the quality astounding. Good luck.

Borrego
# Posted: 3 May 2018 11:37

Bushwacked - That is what I did...lots of research while I got my funding together, then I hired an online consultant (like Creeky, but before I knew about him) to guide me through the process. It makes everything so much easier.......

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 4 May 2018 23:48

Ah okay. I did see the bobo link somewhere, though was not sure if that was your site. Prices seem awesome on there! Thanks guys!

Good to know Borrego!

spoofer
# Posted: 5 May 2018 07:53

Cheeky Perhaps you could consult me on an issue I'm having on my small 100 watt system at my cabin. I have four 12 v lights hooked up to my mppt controller. Around dusk the lights will get dim and then bright, then dim again. This will go on till the light on the charge controller goes off, that states that the mppt is receiving solar power. When total darkness arrives the led 12v lights stop flickering and go to full brightness. I have nt been able to solve. Is it a bad charge controller, or have the diodes or capacitors gone bad on the Panel. THANKS in advance!!

creeky
# Posted: 5 May 2018 09:15

Get a better quality controller.

spoofer
# Posted: 5 May 2018 22:02

it was good when i got it 5 years ago, just wanted to make sure that its the cc and not something to do with the panel. I bought it as an upgrade from renogy...

creeky
# Posted: 7 May 2018 18:13

There's really no way for me to diagnose what's going on from my arm chair. Is this a new issue? It could be loose wiring. When was the last time you tightened everything up?

I would check the basics first. How old are the batteries? Time for some lithium?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.