Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Am I the Only woman who wants to live at the cabn full time? Hubby thinks im crazy........
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
nicalisa
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 00:46

Quoting: Anonymous
This forum is not a place to trash spouses or lie to other people. I come here to learn about building cabins. And if people are having problems in their marriages they need to get professional help and not rely on advise from people that don't know the other side of the story.

Ok, please introduce yourself, if you wish to contribute to the thread and let us know who you are. If you do not wish to read the thread, and wish to continue on the building information, please do go ahead and do so. We have many of us been posting for a while, and are happy to give assistance, regardless if it is personal or building problem. You are not forced to read, so just move on if this is not your area of interest.

Naturelover66, it is so very hard to balance what everyone wants and the priorities of a family. I wish you the best in finding that balance that will give you both ease and happiness.

Martian
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 08:04

Quoting: nicalisa
please introduce yourself, if you wish to contribute to the thread and let us know who you are

Anonymous, I agree with Nicalisa. Anonymous post make it hard to judge the value of the information being given regardless of whether it is advise on personal situations or cabin building techniques. I believe we judge others based on our own values/actions; so when you call someone a liar without any basis or proof, then you are revealing a lot about yourself and how you act. In other words, its what you would do; it doesn't mean that its what someone else would do.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 10:16

Thank you Turkeyhunter ,Nicalisa and Martian :) Nobody deserves to be attacked! Thank you again!

Malamute
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 10:52

Anonymous needs to realize that this is a community, not just a building "how-to" forum. The very title of this thread is indication enough that it isn't a how-to-build-a-cabin thread. I don't recall any trashing or lying, just discussion on aspects of life of personal importance. It happens all the time in various ways, this one in question was just a bit more personal than some. Sorry anonymous can't have some compassion and understanding for someone else.

Everyone is free to read or not any thread on the forum. I don't read every thread that doesn't seem to be in my area of interest.

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 14:23

Exactly Malamute-well put! Thank you :)

hattie
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 18:05

I also agree with Malamute. This has definitely become a community. Well said Malamute!!!!

Moontreeranch
# Posted: 7 Dec 2011 00:01

Its been ages since I have hung out here...

I've got 4000 + posts over there and do not find as much time to catch up here.

Despite all of that, we are making progress on our cabin and my full time living may are may not proceed per my schedule. My ex was in a DUI crash with our kids in her car and since then is being a rear bitch about everything...since my cabin is 6 hours away leaving my kids in the full time care of a drunk is not something to take lightly...I will be heading down to the cabin with the kids later this month...My finacee and I just got back from an extended Thanksgiving there...each trip brings the place one step further along.

naturelover66...sorry to hear you hubby is not helping fullfill your dream...my ex was the same..hench the EX part. My new partner is eager to spend time at the cabin too...so it may work out for you

Martian
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 18:08

Has anyone heard from Naturelover since Anonymous made his catty comments?

Naturelover, if you still visit, let us know you are alright, okay?

Tom

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 21:23

I know who anonymous is! IT'S NATURELOVER'S HUSBAND.

naturelover66
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 22:57

Lol..thats funny erins mom!

Sorry.. I shouldn't have brought up my personal problems. I've been struggling with this for a while... And yeah, overall hes a good guy. But, what's been working for him for years has not been working for me. By natue.I'm a.positive thinker and I will figure
this out. Thank you friends for your kind words and support.
I am going to the cabin..
I decided to take a leave of absense(my boss isgoing to europe for 3 weeks anyway) and I do have a guy in town who will plow my driveway.. I spoke with him yesterday. I am taking my dogs.... Lots of food and wine ofcourse... My favorite hobbies and music....

We dont have cable or internet by the way... Jm on my phone. .

naturelover66
# Posted: 8 Dec 2011 23:01

Lol.. The phone that just posted before I wanted it to !

Oh, don't worry about anonymous, I don't respond to ridiculous negativity.

I will check in .. Xoxo Lisa

hattie
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 01:04

naturelover66 - Enjoy your break!! Stay safe!!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 05:47

naturelover66---i hope you enjoy YOUR TIME.......at your cabin.
be careful and keep us updated please.

your dogs ,.food and wine sound like a great plam!!!!!!

BTW---the more i am around people, the more i love my dogs......:-))

Martian
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 05:51

Glad you're okay, Lisa. Best wishes.

Tom

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Dec 2011 10:14

Enjoy your stay!!

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 09:14

Be safe. Rest up. Clear your heart, mind and soul.

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 02:29

My husband has wanted to retire young since I can remember (he was 21). We saved and scrimped (no going out to movies, dinner, activities that cost money). We had necessities, but not "extras" very often.

Three years ago he started to complain about working until the day he died. But, other than buying land, he made no move toward that early retirement.

So I pushed to get water, septic, and electric on the property.

Then I got more pushy. I told him to pick a date. No more hemming and hawing. Just do it. I retired from teaching at the end of the 2011-2012 school year so that I could get the "Big house" ready to sell.

Still he acted like we had forever. . . .

So I insisted on a guest cabin on the property. I told him it was foolish to sell our house and have to rent. Might as well put up that guest cabin that we were going to have anyway, and live in it while they build our retirement house.

He hemmed. He hawed. He gave in. . . reluctantly. Finally, after grumping about it for a while, I took his face in my hands and said, "This is the retirement you have been saving for all our lives. NOW is the time to spend the money to have those dreams you wanted."

As soon as he saw the progress the builder was making on the cabin this weekend I saw the light go on. He asked whether the guest cabin was going to be his retirement "man cave."

Oh how I smiled.

Now the date for putting the Big house on the market has moved up and he is talking about "semi-retirement" in a few months.

He will get there.

The point of all this windy story is that you have to convince him.
You love it, and you know he will love it. Now you just have to make him see that.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 07:43 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

IMO there are people that just don't like the cottage/cabin life and it is a waste of time and energy to convince them. Naturelover66 hope you are doing well and are spending time at your beloved cabin.

naturelover66
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 12:44

Thanks ladies........ I get there as often as i can.... with him or without him. He does love it there.....hes just not ready.
Im working... paying my medical bills...... and livin life. I will get there one day.
XO
Lisa

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Nov 2012 17:09

me too naturelover.

Cotton Picker
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 17:58

Rob_O,

I think I know how you feel after having that terrible unpreventable accident in which the Lady did not survive.

About 30 years ago, in the early eighties, a young medical student, married & with a young child, rode his bike from a side street directly into the path of the pickup I was driving.

His death was instantaneous & I have never completely gotton over it.

I thought about it every day for at least 10 years & even now, more than 30 years later, when I am driving & see a bycyclist I tighten up & slow down.

I often wonder about his Wife & child & how it must have affected their lives.

I try to rationalize that it was not my fault & it was completely unpreventable but it does little good.

I have never told my Wife how I feel but I suspect she knows.

Time dims but does not completely erase the memories of that tragic event (& my time in Vietnam).

Thank God she has no clue that I occassionally grieve in solitude over things than cannot be changed.

Every year the memories are dimmer & less frequent & I am able to live a good life with my Wife, Kids, Grandchildren & Great grandchild.

Sorry folks, but I had to "UNLOAD".

Cotton Picker

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 22:31

hugs.

Woodthrush
# Posted: 27 Mar 2013 15:58

You are the sane one. I live fulltime in a 13 x 9 cabin on 5 acres in the woods, one hour from work. I love it. I have 6 dogs, good friends and a great job. I am 54 years old and have very low bills. I dont have much stuff but I have good friendships, and I am a whole lot less scared about the future. I can hear the birds, the air is clear, and I am happy. Follow your heart and you will be fine.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 27 Mar 2013 21:21

Cotton Picker, your story brought tears to my eyes. The fact you still think about it 30+ yrs later just means you are a decent and caring person.

And thanks for your service to our country too.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 27 Mar 2013 21:23

Quoting: silverwaterlady
IMO there are people that just don't like the cottage/cabin life and it is a waste of time and energy to convince them. Naturelover66 hope you are doing well and are spending time at your beloved cabin.

I wouldnt even try to convince them. If everyone wanted land and a cabin, it would make available land much more scare and the price of said land much more expensive. Tell them its tough, lots of work, miserable, stay away.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.