Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New to Small Cabins
Youngster
# Posted: 22 Feb 2011 13:03

Hi everyone! Consistent with my user ID, i'm still a youngster. Except in the cold weather, when my left knee sometimes acts up. haha

regardless, i found this website a few months ago and have been faithfully lurking the forum content since. Y'all are AWESOME! Even though my building knowledge is very elementary, i still feel like i've learned some cool stuff already.

Even though i grew up in the city and my education and life skills are primarily tech-oriented, a small part of me wants to eventually unplug from the big-city, corporate-world craziness. My great-uncle started out with a basic cabin and gradually added piece by piece through the years before retiring... I think that is the route most practical for me as well.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what i can afford, where to buy a little land, what part of the building process i'm capable of, the probably timeframe from start to finish... etc etc

naturelover66
# Posted: 22 Feb 2011 13:50

Hello and Welcome...... Im pretty new to this site too....... its addictive. The need to be in the great outdoors is too. You will find a great group of ppl here...... one common passion.
What state do you live in ??
Have you checked land prices ??
Ask questions........ the kind ppl here will answer them.
Naturelover66

Just
# Posted: 22 Feb 2011 14:03

take it from a guy on his 5'th cabin,, the closer the better!! maybe today you could use the range of the new electric cars ,,as your guide line !! you will want to be there often!!one of the funest parts is looking for that spot.your spot ..

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 25 Feb 2011 01:08

Welcome to the Small Cabin Forum, Youngster.
You will find many like-minded people here.

bushbunkie
# Posted: 25 Feb 2011 16:27

Another cabin dreamer...and so it begins.
Welcome Youngster...join in to the threads anytime!
All welcome.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.