Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Winter,where have you been?
rayyy
# Posted: 21 Jan 2019 14:23

We made it all the way to mid January befor we got our first shot of bitter cold and sizable snowfall.
20190121_10.44.34..jpg
20190121_10.44.34..jpg

Just
# Posted: 21 Jan 2019 19:17

I had to make it to my camp to retrieve my ice fihing gear .- 20 c again tonight ice should be safe in the morning.
camp
camp

old243
# Posted: 25 Jan 2019 22:45

We have had a mixed bag of weather. From bitter cold to a couple of mild days with a heavy rain. Now back cold . My yard is a skating rink. I was trying to make a new topic but couldn't figure it out. .I have a tip for anyone with dangerous ice around walks and yards. Get a 5 gallon pail of sawdust , shavings or shavings off a chainsaw. add hot water to it, stir up until good and wet. You can also add a bit of salt if you want Best wear rubber gloves if you have them. I grab handfuls and throw them around where you want protection. If it is cold the shavings will freeze to the ice. They will stay there all winter, add more if needed. Not as messy as salt or sand, don't track in the house . In the spring rake them up, or they will blow away. Been doing this for years. old243

creeky
# Posted: 27 Jan 2019 10:39

nice tip. the gf wiped out real good Thursday. And I have a tree to cut down. Should work out.

I was worried that the real cold then warm then real cold was going to be hard on the garlic and whatnot as there was no snow cover.

Then we got 25 plus cm. Now the snow banks are over my head. But i'm short.

old243
# Posted: 27 Jan 2019 20:54

Creeky Yes weird weather. My wife lit on her back , on our outside steps, back in November. Nothing broke but ribs and back still sore. We don't bounce as good as we used to. Take care old243

creeky
# Posted: 27 Jan 2019 21:29

Ouch. Hope your wife gets feeling better. We were going dancing. She hurt her thumb which is oddly troublesome when dancing. Luckily, the cold meant a heavy parka. Softened the landing.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.