Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Come Onnnnnnnnnn springtime!
. 1 . 2 . >>
Anonymous
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 06:57

Now that the snow is melted down a little,it's the rain and the muds turn.It's so hard waiting for that nice weather to come around so I can get started.I'm starting to have my douts about those solar panels being able to keep up with my batteries.We can go for weeks without ever seeing the sun around here.Time will tell.My calculations are that even if I run the generator on a lite load for 4 hours a day,it will be far cheaper than my current electric bill.And that $200. a month I spend on natural gas for heat will buy a lot of fire wood and propane.Just for now,I am in the prosess of building my compost toilet.I must admit,there are fabulous resourses out there with craigs list,ebay,northern tool,amozon and jc whitney.Theres absolutely nothing you can't find.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 07:12

so true, wish you well with the solar panels. the peach trees, pear trees plum trees and forsythia is in full bloom, beautiful time of the year. pouring rain today.......but this week the dogwoods should be budded out.

rayyy
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 08:39

Ohhhh,,,sounds wonderful,turkey hunter.Seems everytime I mention the S-word(spr_ng)It snow's again.lol.Today's no exception.

bugs
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 10:27

turkeyhunter you are evil!!!! LOL

As I write this it is -27C with a wind chill of -35 C and according to the forecasts we are going down. And snow is on its way. It will be July before we have dogwoods blooming at this rate.

bugs

hattie
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 13:31

Well spring hasn't sprung here yet either *sigh*. But I have spring fever big time. It's sunny out there right now so I have my laundry on the line (neighbours are looking at me kind of funny though *LOL*). And yesterday I ordered a key lime tree for our greenhouse. Our snow piles are so tall I agree with bugs that it will be July before the dogwoods bloom. :-(

squirrel
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 14:03

had days that were 70 72 then went to 50 something last couple of days rain rain Like the rest of you waiting on spring can't wait. have a long list of to dos, wanna do and gotta dos and then that wanna sit do nothing oh the choice we have to make right

naturelover66
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 14:26

Well......... it snowed again last night............ only 4 inches though.......

I cant wait to plant the garden........ smell fresh cut grass..... and see the sun!!

A key lime tree would be pretty misserable here in Michigan.

Naturelover66

rayyy
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 15:43

Alright then,I will change my stratigy.Let it snow,let it snow,let it snow.(we'll see what tomorrow brings)You know,35 years ago I loved working outside and shoveling snow.Now my back totally dissagrees with that idea.I always felt that after Christmas,it can go back to being spring January first.lol.

Just
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 16:04

soooooooooon.......
untitled.bmpAttached file: And when is spring comming

Just
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 16:08

gess that diden't work

hattie
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 16:10

Just - he's a cutie. *LOL*

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 18:19

Quoting: Just
gess that diden't work

JPG image types work best.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 18:30

Quoting: bugs
turkeyhunter you are evil!!!

well i looked through my pic's from last week, i did not make any "bloom pic's yet"...............but a do have a pic i made of my landcruiser last week, it shows how GREEN!!!!! all the pastures are getting here. ENJOY!!!!

rayyy
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 18:41

Owwwww-weeeeeeee,,,is that ,,,why yes,it's green,,,not white.lol.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:15

made are few pic's this morning for ya'll!!!!

peach trees

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:17 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:24

plums

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:25

bradford pears

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:27

bugs
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 10:34

Turkeyhunter

You turkey. I can hear you all the way up in Canada giggling. Sound travels well at -25C!!

Thanks for the colour!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 11:24

Ditto from Ontario, Bugs......Turkeyhunter...you're just plain evil !
By the way...what year is your Landcruiser?? Looks in great shape.

hattie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 12:01

turkeyhunter - you are an evil, evil man. *throwing a snowball at ya* *S*

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 12:25

Quoting: bushbunkie
By the way...what year is your Landcruiser?? Looks in great shape.

Thanks.....1974 fj40 6cyl, 3 speed in floor from factory............i am the 3rd owner, i restored it last year.

thanks for all the replies about the SPRING pic's...... :-)
(ps'''hattie the snowball melted before it got to me.....LOL)

bushbunkie
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 17:17

Quoting: turkeyhunter
Thanks.....1974 fj40 6cyl, 3 speed in floor from factory............i am the 3rd owner, i restored it last year.

Beautiful job. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

rayyy
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 17:23

Oh you lucky guy,Turkeyhunter.We are at least 6 weeks away from trees budding out like that.I'm still plowing snow here.I got my first batch of maple candy brought to me today,though.Ohhhh the stuff is soooo good!

naturelover66
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 18:26

Im Sick with Jealousy.......... still snowy here.

Just
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 19:16

Quoting: turkeyhunter
peach trees

Next thing he's going to show us is his heeting bill !!!!! pass the malt

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 19:37

Quoting: Just
Next thing he's going to show us is his heeting bill !!!!! pass the malt

3000 sq ft home...........$155.00 total electric this month............just sayin :-)
but during winter it got up to 300 dollars.............dang

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Mar 2011 20:00

Quoting: bushbunkie
Beautiful job. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

thanks Bro----of all my rides , i love the fj40 for running around town ( which is 2 traffic signals--big city) it runs and drives great.......always wanted one growing up. It's great to for riding around the farm or the creek .

TomChum
# Posted: 24 Apr 2011 19:53 - Edited by: TomChum

APR 24 it is spring!!!
Yellow 'Glacier Lilies' and 'Spring Beauty'.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.