Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New toy
skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 16 Oct 2019 16:50

So my wife and I have owned the cabin for 10 years now. In that time we closed in the back screened porch and installed a clawfoot tub and shower with on demand heating. We also built a log cabin sauna, with hot tub and built a bunkie for guests with outhouse using a composting toilet. We also installed a septic system, dug by hand and we built up the laneway with a load of gravel. All this we have done primarily for guests/family. We have done this because we enjoy inviting people up and having them a place to stay..
This summer was the first year we didnt have any major projects on the go. My wife and I were actually able to come up for 10 days in July by ourselves. When we were up we took the canoe out to a lake and I fancied a rig on the back to hook a trolling motor up.. now we aren't on a lake but have a beautiful river running through our property. The last 2 summers the river has been super low due to a damn higher up on the lakee. We ennjoy kayaking and canoeing but since the river was so low it was a dissappointment. While out on the canoe, I mentioned to my wife wouldn't it be nice to have a 14' aluminum boat with a 9.9hp motor to explore all the lakes nearby. Much to my surprise she was all for it. So I started looking and found a boat she would like and finally found something! Prior to buying the boat I did a search and there were 27 different lakes with public launches within a half hour drive of the cottage. So I pulled the chute and bought a small boat and we are looking forward to many years of exploring! This is a new chapter in our small cabin life and we are looking forward to it!!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 16 Oct 2019 19:38

New toy!!
IMG20191015WA0000..jpg
IMG20191015WA0000..jpg

paulz
# Posted: 16 Oct 2019 20:20 - Edited by: paulz

Congrats scoot! I lived on a river years ago, had a boat and no shortage of friends lol. Miss it.

Brettny
# Posted: 17 Oct 2019 13:16

The best days of a boat owners life is the day they buy it and the day they sell it.

I was over joyed the day i saw our boat being towed out of our driveway...by its new owner. Never again.

gwindhurst
# Posted: 17 Oct 2019 13:31

Nice! Born and raised on the south shore waters of L.I.,N.Y. and now live in RI and run to the mountains of VT to my property whenever I can. I've had my share of boats over the years, big and small. And although Brettny speaks the truth, the small skiffs with a small outboard such as what you have are the best. Have fun exploring!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 17 Oct 2019 15:23

Thanks guys! We are really looking forward to it next year! I figure the small amount I spent for it, if we dont use it, I can sell for as much as I paid! The motor runs great and everything is in good shape! Just another option for up here!

Sprinkler Guy
# Posted: 17 Oct 2019 18:56

Quoting: gwindhurst
Nice! Born and raised on the south shore waters of L.I.,N.Y. and now live in RI and run to the mountains of VT to my property whenever I can. I've had my share of boats over the years, big and small. And although Brettny speaks the truth, the small skiffs with a small outboard such as what you have are the best. Have fun exploring!

Hey whatvtown are you from? I live on the south fork.

gwindhurst
# Posted: 18 Oct 2019 06:41

Grew up two canals over from the Nautical Mile in Freeport. Moved out in ‘86 to South Kingstown, RI and have property in Windsor County, VT

NewBoy1
# Posted: 6 Dec 2019 02:29

Well done, keep it up!

monkeydeck
# Posted: 6 Dec 2019 23:57

some people just arent cut out for boating, luckily for me im not one of those people, enjoy!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 8 Dec 2019 20:36

Nice...you have to have a little of your own fun to make it worthwhile...or the cabin becomes just another work project.

creeky
# Posted: 8 Dec 2019 22:26

Miss my old 14' fishing boat. 25 hp 4 stroke. That little boat flew.

I have a plan for an electric conversion of an older sail boat. Next year.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 9 Dec 2019 10:48

Wow , looks like you’re out having fun with your best friend. I enjoy company but really enjoy hanging out with my best friend. She and our daughter bought me a 1967 , 14’ fiberglass lake boat. We finished out the refurbishing and she looks great. So does my best friend 😊. They got a good deal on the boat and we could easily get our money back.
Can’t wait to start building more great memories like teaching my grandson how to fish. And , drive the boat while grandpa chills out. Just like my dad did for me. Take one, make one.
Merry Christmas

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.