Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / I'm at my cabin NOW! (PHOTOS ONLY please!)
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
TomChum
# Posted: 2 Apr 2011 12:28 - Edited by: TomChum

Everyone on this forum knows the feeling of arriving at your getaway cabin after being away for awhile. You want to say "I'm Here!" Everyone loves cabin pictures, so howsabout creating a PICTURES ONLY thread (no chat)? Subject of these photos? CABIN LIFE - what is it that makes you happy to return to your cabin?

(For how-to post a upload a photo, directly from your cabin, here is a thread starting for technical discussion of cabin-internet.)

PLEASE reply ONLY if you can contribute a PHOTO related to the TOPIC which is "I am at my cabin NOW!" It would be great to be able to look at this thread and see pictures only. I have been on other forums that have "photos-only" threads, and its more pleasant to browse, like a photo album. It can be a great thread that lasts for years.

Its not easy to avoid off-topic chatting; such as "Hey Fred where did you get that woodstove?" Not trying to be a forum nazi, just trying to create something cool, and hoping this first post will help to preserve thread content = thread topic. It would be more effective if others members can help (remind members of this goal) as time goes on.

One way to keep the thread "on topic" is to use only very very short situational descriptions. The more you write the more there for someone to reply about. I wish this forum had a "Private Message" option....

I'l upload a few photos. I hope others have photos to share.

TomChum
# Posted: 2 Apr 2011 13:35 - Edited by: TomChum

April 2, 2011, it's great to be here. Woke up this morning to snow flurries. This may be the last snow of the season:

TomChum
# Posted: 3 Apr 2011 00:05

Apr 2, 2011 afternoon photo. It's 50deg and sunny.

Just
# Posted: 3 Apr 2011 16:17

for rent 1 wood duck home cleaned and ready to go!!
duck box
duck box

fpw
# Posted: 4 Apr 2011 18:26

Cabin
DSC02332.JPG
DSC02332.JPG
DSC02483.JPG
DSC02483.JPG
DSC02600.JPG
DSC02600.JPG

TomChum
# Posted: 24 Apr 2011 20:03 - Edited by: TomChum

April 24 - 4th day here.
Springtime blooms; yellow 'Glacier Lilies' and white 'Spring Beauty'.

TomChum
# Posted: 10 May 2011 22:37 - Edited by: TomChum

72 deg, end of a nice spring day. Cabin porch at sunset.

(..pause for a marketing interruption to try to get this thread going...) This thread is supposed to be like a PHOTO ALBUM (with short descriptions only) about what makes you happy to be at your cabin AT THIS MOMENT.

rayyy
# Posted: 14 May 2011 06:37

Was that having a cold beer watching the sun set or having a cold beer for breakfast?

Gary O
# Posted: 14 May 2011 10:02

Quoting: TomChum
(..pause for a marketing interruption to try to get this thread going...)

Well, gee gosh, Tom.
Your censure toward decorum, although gentle, and your magnificent cabin (of which I have to remove the drool from my keyboard every wonderful time I tap into your posts) is somewhat intimidating to us amateur wood butchers.
But your intent is a great one.
C'mon kids, lets compile our huts, sheds, cabins, and imposing edifices and/or your bare dreamlands (with a mug of brew on a stump, or a resident chippy gnawing on your soap)...I mean we've displayed our outhouses without hesitation or shame..............
a pause to contemplate late winter's receding blanket
a pause to contemplate late winter's receding blanket

Scott_T
# Posted: 15 May 2011 11:47

Coffee anyone?

Ok, so I'm not at my cabin now (because it is still only a figment of my imagination) but I just finished building our composting toilet which will eventually go to the cabin. I began construction, this weekend, of the outhouse that will house this important piece of "furniture". I figured I needed to work on the basics first so that my wife will enjoy her experience when she visits. It's not porcelain but solid white oak comes close. ;-)

Design based on the Lovable Loo by Joseph Jenkins. URL
Solid_Oak_Lovable_Lo.jpg
Solid_Oak_Lovable_Lo.jpg

mrmiji
# Posted: 19 May 2011 00:30 - Edited by: mrmiji

This is our first structure. It has subsequently been fixed to the ground with ground screws. It was built on mostly free wood. The floor is 4"X4" beams 1' apart and was the shipping base for a flight simulator. The concrete bits were donated. I paid for the steel sheeting and that's about it. It's carpeted and has a Mr.Heater with a custom stainless grill above it for cooking. I can get a cot in it with a hammock above. The next project will be a 8'X12' on 4' of cinder block.
207992_1034787995829.jpg
207992_1034787995829.jpg

bobrok
# Posted: 21 May 2011 17:22

Poured most of the way up. Rained here. Calling for rain today. Black flies are swarming to no end.

Being up at the cabin to open up for the season:
Priceless!
cabi1:-)
cabi1:-)
cabi2 :-)
cabi2 :-)

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 23 May 2011 17:22 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

It was mostly cloudy day today.
Did some reading. Cooked on fire.
Outside the cabin 1
Outside the cabin 1
Outside the cabin 2
Outside the cabin 2
View from inside the cabin
View from inside the cabin
White Trillium
White Trillium

TomChum
# Posted: 28 Jun 2011 20:24 - Edited by: TomChum

Girls playing on the rope swing
Rope swing from Mistletoe'd Ponderosa
Rope swing from Mistletoe'd Ponderosa

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Jun 2011 21:33

Quoting: TomChum
Rope swing from Misletoe'd Ponderosa

nice swing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob_O
# Posted: 3 Jul 2011 14:45

Lunchtime
Honeysuckle I've been told
outhouse under construction Northeast

Rob_O
# Posted: 3 Jul 2011 14:53

New campsite at the back of the property

neb
# Posted: 4 Jul 2011 00:08

Rob_O
Great pictures and who is the young lady?

Rob_O
# Posted: 4 Jul 2011 10:41

Thanks neb, I picked up a sub-compact SLR a few days ago and I've been snap-happy ever since. I have a neat panoramic shot I took with the thing but I need to resize the image a little smaller before I can post it - It's obscenely large and takes forever to load.

The young lady would be my long-time friend and lover Tammy.

Borrego
# Posted: 4 Jul 2011 13:06

Hey, how do some of you get the pictures to come out large?

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 4 Jul 2011 13:19 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Quoting: Borrego
how do some of you get the pictures to come out large?

1. Use a large square -looking icon when inserting picture link into the post.
For that you need to have picture hosted somewhere else (like photobucket.com) and sized accordingly.

2. If you use "Upload file(s)" link (normal method), the images get uploaded to Small Cabin server, resized and 'thumbnaleized' linking to a larger pop-up image.

TomChum
# Posted: 5 Jul 2011 19:10 - Edited by: TomChum

Back to your regular programming....

Here are some parts of cabin life that I like. SUMMERTIME!

- Double the comfort - it's 65deg inside the cabin (with no utility bill).
- Outdoor shower when it's 83 degrees outside
- The view from the shower.
65 degrees inside
65 degrees inside
Outdoor sun-shower, with rope+pulley
Outdoor sun-shower, with rope+pulley
The view from the shower
The view from the shower

Klicky1
# Posted: 14 Jul 2011 01:31

12x16 cabin
New slider added last fall
Now I'm on to the wraparound deck
DSCN0264.JPG
DSCN0264.JPG
DSCN1065.JPG
DSCN1065.JPG

Malamute
# Posted: 27 Jul 2011 12:57 - Edited by: Malamute

I'm here, I live in it full time.

Borrego
# Posted: 27 Jul 2011 13:03

Malamute - Very nice, love the guns! Looks like an old cowboy cabin.

Malamute
# Posted: 27 Jul 2011 13:09

Thanks!

You may like this pic then, first light coming in the window, lighting up the wood on the Winchester. It isnt a very clear pic, I think the camera may have been fogging up some from being outside. The wood in the Winchester's stock is pretty nice, if you like wood. Thought I had a differnt pic of the "office" area, but this will have to do for now.

Borrego
# Posted: 27 Jul 2011 13:23

Very nice! I've got 2 old Winchesters, a 1st Gen Colt and a S&W .44 Russian. For old guns, that is.....

neb
# Posted: 29 Jul 2011 12:44

Very nice and great landscape.

bobrok
# Posted: 29 Jul 2011 17:14

I've been trying to upload this photo since I took it on Tuesday but the cell service wasn't cooperating. Photo from our camp looking down towards the lake.
lake view from camp
lake view from camp

KevTheBugMan
# Posted: 30 Jul 2011 11:23

Malamute, that view is paradise.

. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.