Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / To: Aklogcabin >> Water Container Gaskets
DaveBell
# Posted: 31 Aug 2020 18:33

Hey Aklogcabin.
I have those 5 gal water containers in your pic in the woodstove thread and the gaskets have gone bad. Do you know where I can find them?
Thanks,
Dave

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 2 Sep 2020 12:54

Hello Dave. I don’t know. But I know I am looking for new spout for the junk that our government feels I need to protect myself from myself. Spills all over place. I just went to using a siphon hose. The one with the brass ball in the bottom.
I was thinking of cutting some new ones out of some of the softer rubber food grade products out. My beautiful wife n daughter replaced some roll up cookie sheet things so I may jack them. So I can fill the generator they use or water jug .
Good luck n stay safe.

Nobadays
# Posted: 2 Sep 2020 15:59

I don't know where to get gaskets either... maybe get some gasket material and cut your own.

I solved the problem of useless new spots. I bought a small pump designed to pump gasoline... cheap one but so far I have pumped well over 50 gallons with it and still going strong.

HERE is the link to it on Amazon.

Brettny
# Posted: 2 Sep 2020 19:03

Are you talking about the blue water jugs with the hard white plastic cap and spout?

I have been useing these military jugs made by LCI/Sceptor for about 5yrs now. They use no gaskets and dont leak. I have also left one at camp and it froze solid with no I'll effects. Also new caps are available on amazon.

DaveBell
# Posted: 3 Sep 2020 13:31

I called reliance products and they are out of stock for the aqua-tainer gaskets. Here is the link when they restock. https://www.relianceoutdoors.com/products/replacements.html

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.