Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / something we are toying with.
cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 17:00

Gar and i were talking and putting on our thinking caps last nite and we both sort of were thinking the same thing.
we decided we are going to add onto our little cabin to make more rooms instead of building a whole new,bigger cabin...
we are adding a big front room kind of affair onto the front of the cabin.it screams for something to be there.and then we are making another room on the back where the deck in now..it will be a galley type kitchen.so then we can have a liveable place to be while we get a carport build and a work shop to store tools.i am eager to get his work shop going cause then we dont have to haul all the tools and jenny out and big saws and chainsaws and all the other tools out of the cabin everytime we go to the woods.
Gar said we could have those room s added on this summer.i am so excited to think of this.fun .fun.and more fun.
i sort of drew the added rooms on paintbox.i do not get the right angles on that thing but u still get an idea...
this way.the front room will be a living room,the main part of the cabin is the sleeping area and the newly added on back room is the kitchen.cabi3
the front of the cabin
the front of the cabin
the back of the cabin/added kitchen
the back of the cabin/added kitchen

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 17:02 - Edited by: cabingal3

trying to post what i made to show what are new plans are.
sorry.it takes a while but does finally go thru to our picture of new plans.gars are a bit different i think.its ok.just love the idea we will have more room this summer.
new plans
new plans

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 17:21

cabingal3, you will love having more room. I like the plan.

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 17:48

thanks turkeyhunter!

naturelover66
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 18:46

Cabi......... SO exciting !!! Im so happy for you !

hattie
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 19:11

Looks great cabingal3....Can't wait to see the finished product.

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 21:44

What are you thinking in sq. footage with the addition?

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 21:53

Erins#1Mom.I dont know.we figure if we are at 200 sq.feet-we are still legal.
we have 120sg feet right now.
so we could do those two new rooms and then add on a new deck .
we use to know an elderly couple way back when.They were so old.They had started their home in Aberdeen ,Washington with one room.One center room and this old fellow added on and added on rooms at a time and they were in town.It was during the depression times.They ended up having a nice home in town...not a fancy home but a homey home.We are sort of just thinking of adding on to give us a place to have an inside kitchen in winter and just a bit more space.and the loft too.then we can work on Gars workshop for storage and get all the tools completly and permnantly out of the cabin forever.whee.

neb
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 22:07

That would make for some room for sure. Looks good with the addition.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.