Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Crawl Space Insulation
bhermes
# Posted: 11 Dec 2020 14:40

Ok, I am new to the forum so bare with me. I have a 25ftx25ft roughly cabin in KY. It is a lake house for weekend use.

The cabin sits on blocks and I added metal siding type pieces for skirting. I am going down this weekend to add insulation behind the metal skirting but not sure If I need to secure it to the skirting or not. It is not flat so not sure some sort of bonding will work.

My plan is to then cover the dirt floor and insulation with a thin plastic sheeting.

My main goal is to keep me plastic pipes under the house from freezing.

Comments? Thanks.

Brettny
# Posted: 11 Dec 2020 14:59

Spray foam it. Skirting is really there to protect from drafts and to let the natural heat from the earth in. The natural heat may not be warm enough to keep things from being frozen though. Relying on skirting and insulation on it will still allow for cold floors.

bhermes
# Posted: 11 Dec 2020 15:05

I was planning on 4x8 2" foam sheets. Not sure how spray foam really works and if I can do this myself and if it will stick to the metal skirting. Thanks

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.