Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / 16x24 Central Idaho
Upper
# Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:45 - Edited by: Upper

Great forum.
I am about to pour the footers, for a 16x24 single story cabin..I read on here that a 12 inch sonotube should be the minnimum diameter. I plan on using a Squarefoot 22"x22" for the foot and come up from there.Frost depths will be attained.

Weight distribution will be on 3- 6x12 solid Ponerosa Pine beams going the 24 foot length.I will space the footers 8 feet apart for a total of 12.

My main question is the Squarefoot only accepts up to a 10 inch sonotube. With a re-bar grid and L-shaped re-bar going up the neck do you think the 10 inch would be ok?

Alpine_Junky
# Posted: 14 Apr 2021 17:58

Are these going to be above ground or in ground (as in the squarefoot would be buried under ground and how much of the tube exposed)?

I went with a 4' deep 24"x24" pier; built the forms out of scrap osb, added rebar, and poured concrete (all in ground). Was much less spendy at the time compared to the bigfoot and sonotube forms. I have a 30' wide by 50' long building with 15 piers. I used 4 2X10s fastened together as the upright supports that I attached the beams to.

Upper
# Posted: 14 Apr 2021 18:20

Thanks for the response. The Squarefoot forms are 22' by 22" square and pyramid up to the sonotube.Frost depth is 40 inches and the tube would have about 8 inches exposed above ground.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.