Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / I think I might weld my cabin frame just out of spite
socceronly
# Posted: 30 Apr 2021 21:54

Picked up a welder and learning to weld. It's fun, I can think of a whole lot things to do with this.

It struck me I just might try welding my bunkie together out of pure spite for the price of lumber.

Not that it will save money. Just satisfied at buying less wood....

gcrank1
# Posted: 30 Apr 2021 22:40

If I was just doing a bunkie I might look seriously at starting with a cargo trailer. They are built Waayyy better than typical camper trailers and Waayyy easier than a shipping container! There are a number of ways to research such online. Also using tips from the van conversion folks gets things up and running.
My toolshed/powerhouse is a re-purposed home built ice fishing shanty; as an 8x12 it would have also made a dandy bunkie.
I towed it into place with my SUV (but a truck would have been better) and can re-locate of/when I need to, unlike even a small structure on skids. Rumor has it I wont be taxed on it either...we will see.

socceronly
# Posted: 1 May 2021 15:39

If I wasn't on an island I would get myself an enclosed cargo trailer for sure. You can get ones will full walk on roofs..... lots you can do with those.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.