Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / I got started
neb
# Posted: 15 May 2011 21:09

Well I finally got started got the floor joists in place. I have the four walls done that need headers but the plates are not nailed togather yet. Remember I have to pack all material in and put togahter on site. Time has been a hard thing to find for me. We had a snow storm 2 weeks ago and took down 250 poles so I was at work none stop for two weks. Plus I have many other things that need to be done at home and business to take care of. Now next week I'm on call for one week and it just doesn't end. I have so many things going on at work with new people starting and such. Life is way way to busy for me.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 16 May 2011 08:05

ok Neb----we need pic's.....GOOD Luck on your build!!!!!!

fpw
# Posted: 16 May 2011 13:00

Keep plugging away. I have a similar situation and packing/toting things in can take as long as building. Now, I believe I have pretty much everything I need back at the Stump Ranch (www.peelinglogs.blogspot.com) so things are a little easier to manage. These days I only have to pack in my clothes and the food. However, it took about 2 years of weekends and vacations to get to that point.

neb
# Posted: 16 May 2011 20:57

Yep I forgot the camera. Not sure now when I can get back. If it's not snowing it's raining. It has been an unreal spring for us.

neb
# Posted: 28 May 2011 23:50

I will try to remember the camera tomorrow.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 May 2011 09:23

waiting for the pic's--hope you have a good day on your build, I worked 10 hours on mine yesterday............ in the mid 90s temps, still so tired. I talked to a friend of mine out in SD yesterday, and he said it was in the 70's...so i hope you have nice weather in SD to work on your cabin.

neb
# Posted: 29 May 2011 22:49

turkeyhunter

Man 70"s would be nice. We haven't been out of the 50"s and is great working conditions. You need a coat here even working hard. I have to say I had a light pair of long john's everyday it was that cool. Please don't make fun of me now. It has been a wild spring here with flooding etc. I like the cool weather and really dislike the heat. I guess I'm the odd one but cool weather is for me. Great talking to you and keep in touch.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 May 2011 22:55 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Quoting: neb
I like the cool weather and really dislike the heat.

i love the cool weather as well.............i am taking off to Maine in July to spend rest of the summer. To get way from the heat and humid air!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting: neb
Great talking to you and keep in touch.

will do!!!!.....putting in for a muzzlerloader tag in SD---so i might make it back you way this fall............if i get a muley tag.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.