Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Junction/Pull Box
spencerin
# Posted: 19 Dec 2021 13:12

I'm planning on running 4 circuits from the inside, through the wall to the outside, down the exterior wall into the ground, and then branching them off to their various locations from there.

An electrician I'm working with wants to use a junction/pull box right before the conduit enters the ground. Just wondering why this would be needed. Can't the 4 circuits be run 18" into the ground in one conduit and then branched off from there (assuming direct-burial wire is being used)?

pabear89
# Posted: 19 Dec 2021 15:15 - Edited by: pabear89

Always best to have any junction above the ground for future or trouble shooting. yomv.

Added, You did not explain will there be connections to the branching spots or just using it for a dist point.
Water intrusion would be my first concern.

Brettny
# Posted: 19 Dec 2021 16:18

How many 90* bends before it enters the ground?

spencerin
# Posted: 19 Dec 2021 20:44

Just the one on the outside where the circuits exit the service panel and head towards the ground, and that was going to be taken care of with a conduit body.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.