Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Dedicated Battery Storage Shed, Looking for Designs
<< . 1 . 2 .
paulz
# Posted: 12 May 2022 10:03

I like the job box idea, and happen to have the perfect one sitting around. My 540AH of LFPs are under my night stand, two feet from my head, the SCC and inverter on the wall next to the headboard above. Not taking up any usable space to speak of, but I do wonder about sleeping next to all those electrons flying around.

Theft wise, no protection since I don't lock the cabin. A locked job box outside sounds like thief bait as well though.

travellerw
# Posted: 12 May 2022 11:05 - Edited by: travellerw

Quoting: paulz
Theft wise, no protection since I don't lock the cabin. A locked job box outside sounds like thief bait as well though.

Since you are using LFP, you could weight the box with cinder blocks. Makes it much harder to take the whole thing. Of course with FLA batts, that isn't really an issue without equipment(my 8 6V FLA weigh like 660lbs.).

The boxes I have, have locking tabs that are recessed and hidden. This makes it more difficult for a thief to attack the lock (difficult, but still doable for the determined thief).

Unless you have a thief that is specifically targeting your solar equipment, I think its pretty safe. Pretty sure they would much rather steal things like tools, TVs, ATVs and the like!

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.