Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Finally get some cabin time
Aklogcabin
# Posted: 15 Jul 2022 10:58

Me n my buddy are going to be flying out to our cabin for a few days. We've been working on getting the foundation ready to pour cement for our new retirement home. And finally got er poured yesterday. The trusses showed up unexpectedly so that's great. Rest of the house framing package should be here Tuesday.
A picture of the foundation before the pour. I will be putting 2" ridgid foam 4" thick around the perimeter with a 4' horizontal piece around the outer perimeter also.
In floor hydronic heating tubing
In floor hydronic heating tubing

paulz
# Posted: 15 Jul 2022 11:31

Exciting time! Is the framing package part of a kit? Do you have full plans?

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 16 Jul 2022 09:31

My beautiful wife is designing I'm building. We're doing our own thing

paulz
# Posted: 16 Jul 2022 10:04

Excellent! I ask because like you I've done my own thing. I get the materials, make changes and mistakes as I go. I envy those that show up to work with engineered plans, materials delivered per spec, lunch from 12-1.. Something goes wrong, "Hey that's what the plans call for..".

I know my own limitations though, I would never attempt anything grander than what I've done without professional guidance.

Alaskajohn
# Posted: 16 Jul 2022 12:28

Enjoy your time at the cabin. Hopefully the rains have dampened some of the fires in your area. I can imagine the logistical challenges of getting everything out to your location. I look forward to the pictures of your build!

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 17 Jul 2022 09:55

Thanks Akjohn. We got rained out. The fog was to think for visual flight restrictions. But we will keep trying.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.