Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / tongue and grove wood paneling
nicalisa
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 16:45 - Edited by: nicalisa

YAY!! I have found the best deal in the whole entire world at RONA!

Pine tongue and groove wood paneling for 6.49 a package which yields 14 square feet! I needed 35 packages to do all of my walls so I ordered a whole lot of them (which is 36 packages) and they gave them to me for 5.89 a package. Including our 12% tax, the whole inside will be completed (minus the ceiling which is pressed tin panels) for under 240.00 dollars!!!!

Can you believe it!!!! Ok, now for all y'all south of the border I know that this is likely still super stupid prices, but up here this is practically free!!

We are heading up for the July 1st long weekend and will giv'er to get this done and I will post a pic or two:)

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 17:17

what is RONA?

hattie
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 17:48 - Edited by: hattie

Quoting: Erins#1Mom
what is RONA?

Rona is a hardware store here in Canada. http://www.rona.ca/content/home

Congratulations on a great deal nicalisa...Can't wait to see the pictures when you have it all done!

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 17:50

12 % Tax ???????

hattie
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 17:52

Quoting: naturelover66
12 % Tax ???????

Yup....Only in Canada, eh!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 17:55

Quoting: naturelover66
12 % Tax ???????

and i thought 7% we robbery........

on the T & G........i found it for .65cent a board foot here,8 inches wide.

glad you found a good deal.

nicalisa
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 20:46

:) It is funny, when I lived in NY I thought that the tax was crazy at 7%. Now I just factor the 12% into all purchase prices....funny how things that are outlandish become normal!

But hey, I didn't pay any tax on my excavation, septic install (except for the parts) or on the drainage rock. You can still avoid this with the good old barter system....I wish that the home depot and rona understood the barter system:)

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 22:38

Quoting: nicalisa
wish that the home depot and rona understood the barter system:)

at home depot...........if i find a item or get a quote from a lumber yard and it cheaper, take it to them ( HD) and they match the price and knock 10% off as well.

Anonymous
# Posted: 4 Jul 2011 23:49

Same country here (canada but an other province: the Quebec, you have 5% of taxes (federal) + 8.5% of the total of the cost and the 5% combined.
Avan

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.