Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / À frame plans
Tallguy1832
# Posted: 7 Jan 2023 22:47

Looking for plans for a 14ft x 24ft a frame with 70degree or higher slope (around 22-23 ft tall). Anyone know of one?

Brettny
# Posted: 8 Jan 2023 06:39

With your screen name I would be doing an interior layout first and figuring out how much head room you will actualy have.

gcrank1
# Posted: 8 Jan 2023 13:40

The simple answer would be to just direct you to some set of plans website. From that footprint and height it sounds like you intend a loft?
But the question brings another, do you just like A-frames or is there an 'economic' element to going that way?

Tallguy1832
# Posted: 8 Jan 2023 17:49

I want durability and my HOA will allow metal roofing but not walls.

Brettny
# Posted: 9 Jan 2023 10:47

Will your HOA allow an A frame?

gcrank1
# Posted: 9 Jan 2023 10:51

Sounds like in your area it would be classified as an 'accessory building' or somesuch? And with a HOA to deal with I'd be reading the regs Very Closely.
Seems strange, though. It isnt like a very tall metal roofed A-frame is any prettier than a nicely done 'box' structure (imo, not even close).

Tallguy1832
# Posted: 9 Jan 2023 16:00

There you are, being logical

gcrank1
# Posted: 9 Jan 2023 17:52

Its a curse.....lol

Tallguy1832
# Posted: 9 Jan 2023 18:34

And what's truly ironic is that my present house(which I would be replacing) has aluminum siding, which, last time I checked, is "metal".

Nobadays
# Posted: 9 Jan 2023 19:44

The HOA where we are doesn't allow metal siding either but.... some folks a couple years ago brought them samples of a metal siding printed with a wood grain look and it was approved. In my mind, from a distance it just looks like tan metal siding but they approved it. You might look into that.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.