Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Camplux Water Heater
jjmay77
# Posted: 18 May 2023 14:26 - Edited by: jjmay77

Does anyone on here use a Camplux propane water heater? I just bought one but I just realized the portable ones say you cannot drink the water. I dont plan to drink it but will do dishes etc. It looks like they also sell a residential model but it doesnt include a regulator etc. Trying to decide what is right for me. Mostly this will be for warm showers and hot water in the kitchen and bathroom sinks.

gcrank1
# Posted: 18 May 2023 16:56

My guess is there is some lead solder used in the construction, thus the 'prohibition'. Used to be used in home copper pipes too so you decide.

jjmay77
# Posted: 19 May 2023 21:52

I actually called the company. They said the system doesnt introduce anything its more of a concern with the water supply being a barrel or container and possible mold etc being used seldom. So I guess its more about how clean it is and what your putting in it.

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 May 2023 08:53

Solid concerns. I stopped drinking out of water hoses some years back after I became 'aware' and would filter AND boil water IF we had to from our rain barrel.
Ive showered from quite a few gravity showers as well as water hoses drapped over something or even handheld. A couple of coiled hoses in the sun all day can make a great Hot shower in the afternoon, even Too Hot, if you have some pressure to push it.

optimistic
# Posted: 20 May 2023 15:04

I do! it sucks.

I have the indoor unit. I bought off amazon so I can find exact one if you want to see.

I have takagi in my house and it is amazing. I will swap this camplux one day for a takagi. Camplux is impossible to adjust right.... either too hot or not hot or it shuts off mid shower. garbage

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.