Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin Build Video
DaveBell
# Posted: 20 Feb 2024 02:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmbpQvrtvQ

# Posted: 20 Feb 2024 06:23 - Edited by: 909

The video is a good watch.

Not trying to be negative . Just wanted to point out at 42:00 mark, it might be a good idea to install a thimble (a piece of metal that provides a few extra inches of clearance from the exhaust to the studs & sheathing) for safety.

Manufacturer recommended one, even though my brand new LP unit didn't come with one . In his video, the fiberglass insulation is sitting right ontop of the exhaust pipe, which is flammable. I'd at least use non-flammable rockwool that close to the exhaust. Would hate to see anyone's cabin catch on fire.

DaveBell
# Posted: 20 Feb 2024 07:32

He also put the floor insulation in foil side up while talking about bugs and rodents.

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Feb 2024 17:10 - Edited by: gcrank1

Pretty well done vid; watched some of his other stuff too and spent way too much time on u-tube......
Sure glad my 1st build in '83-84 wasnt recorded!
Yeah, we make some mistakes and could do some stuff better, but showing it all out there for critique is gutsy.

spencerin
# Posted: 20 Feb 2024 23:19

I thought I saw a thimble?

DaveBell
# Posted: 21 Feb 2024 08:22 - Edited by: DaveBell

34:35 Thimble.

Brettny
# Posted: 21 Feb 2024 09:36

I have watched his videos since he started YT. His first cabin was the other one on that property. I wouldnt really consider his videos a tutorial...great entertainment though.

# Posted: 21 Feb 2024 10:17 - Edited by: 909

Sorry for any confusion

This is a good example of a thimble @ 5:15

paulz
# Posted: 21 Feb 2024 11:16 - Edited by: paulz

Here’s mine from outside. Doesn’t the hot air go out through the center tube and cool air come in the outside tube?
IMG_2221.jpeg
IMG_2221.jpeg

actionshooter
# Posted: 3 Mar 2024 00:28

Good for you... that's a real accomplishment.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.