Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Sonotubes or Slab?
mag162
# Posted: 7 Jul 2011 07:02

OK here is my dilemma. I have a 12 x 28 Cabin in Herkimer county NY.
Right now she sits on double stack Chimney blocks which are 16 x 16 on a bed of gravel. the problem is that over the last 4 years or so the gravel has been sort of undermined I guess you could say from under some of the piers along the outside edge of the cabin.
I was thinking of pouring an 6" Alaskan slab Rebar included right next to the cabin and moving it over to that. My other choice would be to dig down and sink sonotubes right next to each side of the cabin span some lumber across and then just lift and drop the cabin ontu that. i have no water or electric by me so all materials come in by hand or truck.
what do you folks think?

MtnDon
# Posted: 8 Jul 2011 01:15

Are there beams that run lengthwise (28 ft length) at present? Are the floor joists running across the 12 ft width? Whay is sitting on the present stacked blocks? Picture would help.

IMO, it sounds like the slab would be best. More info needed though.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.