Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / foundation
Joan Conway
# Posted: 14 Jul 2011 13:06

I am building a studio in the back of my property and it fits much of the description of a small cabin. I was planning on using sona tubes , (the building is 16X28) because I think this would be cheaper than a poured foundation and at another point I can more easily add plumbing but am not sure. Has anyone any info on this.

Borrego
# Posted: 14 Jul 2011 21:28

That's a fair sized building. I'm a builder by trade and I would form and pour a proper set of footings. Just my .02

MtnDon
# Posted: 14 Jul 2011 22:35

Pier and beam would be cheaper. Pier and beam is also not as resistant to all sorts of things like high winds, earthquake or in some cases wet soaked soil. One of the big deficiencies with a lot of pier and beam foundations is the lack of resistance to horizontal loads on the piers. Some soild are a lot worse than others too.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.