Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin Flooring install
dk1393
# Posted: 20 Sep 2011 19:44

We will be installing tounge and groove in the cabin. We will be uising red pine. . I am not sure what nails I should use. I have a 2" brad nailer and a 1 1/2 " stapler, both pnuematic. Will one of these work good for the job? We will be doing the walls and ceiling. I was wondering what others have done.

MtnDon
# Posted: 20 Sep 2011 20:35

I use a 2" finishing nailer with 15 gauge nails. What gauge does the brad nailer use? )smaller numbers are bigger diameter nails) i5 gauge is about the minimum I'd use. Not sure if the stapler would be suitable? Is that 1 1/2" the staple length or the crown? If that's the crown I don't think I'd use it for nailing the tongue.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Sep 2011 22:08 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Agree with Don. I too, would use my finish nailer. Mine is 16 gauge. Perfect for this job. Brads is just too small. Find for thin trim etc.

I'd guess his brads are atleast 18

dk1393
# Posted: 20 Sep 2011 22:36

Yes, the brads are 18 guage, The lumber supply mentioned they may be ok. I thought they seemed small.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.