Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Prebuilt Cabins
toml12
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 21:32

Can someone send me some links to prebuilt cabin sites in MN
My cabin (old 1 bedroom log cabin) is up in Aitkin and I am looking to replace it. I use to have some links to sites where they will build the cabin at their site and then move it to your site. I am unable to find anything again.

Thanks

Malamute
# Posted: 25 Feb 2012 22:07

Are you only interested in local cabins?

A prebuilt cabin should be transportable from wherever they are built, tho the farther it has to be moved, the more the transport would cost. Just mentioned that, since there are many portable cabin builders around. You could ask about delivery/transport costs if you find something you like, even if it's not local.

rayyy
# Posted: 26 Feb 2012 12:37

I looked at those log cabin kits and pre built structures but their price tags just knocked my socks off.They are way out of my ball park.

fpw
# Posted: 26 Feb 2012 13:26 - Edited by: fpw

Tom,

Up at Tobie's in Hinckley there is a guy that builds cabins, he does a pretty good job. He alway has one up in the parking lot of Tobie's.

Northhouse Folks School in Grand Marais sell or auction off their timber frames and dovetail cabins after the classes. I am sure they have classes coming up. Or, you probably arrange to purchase one through the office.
http://www.northhouse.org/

Clark Bremer of Northern lights timber frames build timber frame homes and cabins.

http://www.northernlightstimberframing.com/

Toward the end of the year Ron Brodigan from Ely often has the class project log cabin for sale.

www.schooloflogbuilding.com

If you are interested in learning to build, there are a number of classes in MN or WI that would help you learn.

Jon

TomChum
# Posted: 26 Feb 2012 18:00

Cool stuff! I'd like to learn to do a timber frame.
(another Tom)

exsailor
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 12:16

Rather than pay transportation cost of a built cabin. You might contract the constructioon of the shell and finish from there. I believe a few of our members have gone that route.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.