Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / most affordable water setup
Rifraf
# Posted: 20 Mar 2012 15:07 - Edited by: Rifraf

My wife and I dont think we can afford our well to be drilled until next year with all the other expenses that are poppingup.. BUT we have had well pump (not submersible ) and pressure tank donated to us.

Was wondering what options you might recommend to use these items, I can have water delivered in the area my cabin is. Are there easy to install holding tanks I could bury below freezing line and run a hose into that ? Any explanations of such setups? Im quite a visual learner and could benefit from any pics of design, or installations if you know of any.

Next year or two we will still have a well put in place, but since we have the pressure tank and pump we thought we might be able to finish the cabin with these items for a year or so of use.

PS.
one question I was curious about was holding tank size , we are a family of 5 (wife an I , three kids ) and would like water to last several weeks or a month if possible.

Just
# Posted: 20 Mar 2012 17:58

if you are carefull ,1 gal. per day per person .use lots of handy wipes.outside john .

Rifraf
# Posted: 20 Mar 2012 20:44 - Edited by: Rifraf

well, we will be living normally, meaning septic will be installed and will be flushing as needed i will be getting a low flush toilet though, should help some.

Just
# Posted: 20 Mar 2012 21:59

that 's a big diferance , only experance i have like that is once our well needed repair and we used a water tank for a week or so we [family of 4] used 200 gal per day.1500 gal. tank lasted a week.

Aqua
# Posted: 27 Mar 2012 19:51

Look at your on-grid water usage for months and see? 50 per person per day sounds about right, if you are being only a little careful. I know a family using that much, including laundry, showers, dishes. More if you have to fill a hot tub or pool, or water a lawn or garden during a heat wave or drought. Pools, gardens and lawns use way more than you'd think.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.