Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Hunting Cabin question
rheber8
# Posted: 31 Mar 2012 11:36

Got a question for all the knowledgeable people on here. We have a duck hunting camp that we spend about 40 nights at during the winter. We are thinking about adding an addition to it that will be about 8x16. What do you guys think about making the walls out of pallets, then wraping it in felt paper and putting siding up. Then just doing a roof that angles to one side(the side away from existing place). We will be cooking and watching tv in here, only when the rain and cold keep us from cooking and sitting around the fire. Thanks for the help!!!

ps... the pallets are because i can get as many as i need for free and cost factorer. Also there is no water or electricity to the camp if that matters.

VTweekender
# Posted: 31 Mar 2012 11:58

There has been many camps built from pallets, in all kinds of different ways, some using whole pallets capped on each open end with a 2x from another pallet to box and square them off then stacked and nailed together, other will break apart the pallets and use the wood in all kinds of different ways...all in all the answer is yes people are doing it....just google "build pallet camp"

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 31 Mar 2012 14:16

I think your only limits would be your imagination.

neb
# Posted: 1 Apr 2012 15:55

It would be great idea and would work just fine. You could insulate it if you would need it. What part of the country are you biulding this at??

rheber8
# Posted: 2 Apr 2012 09:12

Louisiana. Thanks for the help but I think we have decide to install a bigger porch and either screen it in or semi close it off.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.