Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / update (cabingal3)
cabingal3
# Posted: 15 Apr 2012 09:34

hello everyone.update here.
we have been waiting for spring to go to the cabin.
we are going in may on memorial day.
we are putting on shakes onto the out kitchen walls.
we got us a woodstove.
i found some berber carpeting for the kitchen as the funniest place.at the dollar store.its in the shape of heavy rubber matting with berber on top.i am gluing these mats to the floor of the kitchen.i dont know what kind of glue to use but will find out.maybe here even.i got a big stack of this rubber back mats with berber on top.yay.it will make the floor cozy and warm.
my daughter ended up never coming back one day to pick up the grandchildren.so we are raising them.we are taking them.they dont know if they are excited about going to the woods or not.hee hee.
the older gs is taking his video game hand held device.we are stacking the boys up in the kitchen on the shelves.stackable children.this is where they will sleep.it should be fun for them.
so we will have photos of our progress when we get back.thank u.

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Apr 2012 12:18

Sounds like you will have lots of work to do at your cabin in May....and on the bright side you will have extra helpers too!!!! Your grandchildren must find it so warm and peaceful at your house....I'll bet that really is home to them and thank God you have been able to provide that to them cabingal- even though I'm sure it isn't exactly what you had in mind for your "grandma" years. At least making sacrifices for them you see positive results which sounds like it isn't always the case with your daughter. Enjoy loving them and feel good about the security you are providing them. Oh...and I bet in time they will learn to love going to the cabin too!!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 Apr 2012 12:40

Hey trollbridge...great to see u.no.its not work to me.its just joy.u know it.the place will look so cute with shakes on the kitchen.then we start the living room addition.
the little buddies are doing great.its been a challenge getting them to bed cause mama would alot of times be texting and too involved in that and they would go to bed at midnite and wake up all grumpy and crying.then daughter would be all tired if she even woke up at all.they missed alot of school till she got a letter from the school telling her there was gonna be trouble if they keep missing.they miss so much anyway.they were home from march 23 to april 9 for spring break.cause the school can not afford to pay the teachers.
no.its not what i wanted to do.i helped raise my moms kids.my sister thinks i am mom.and my and various neighborhood kids found a place at our home.now my daughters kids.i would like to smack her upside the head.she promises them she will be over.never comes .rarely calls.poor little buddys.anyway.they got us oldies.hugs cabingal3

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Apr 2012 14:28

Good attitude! Hugs for you too and those boys...bless their hearts!

ErinsMom
# Posted: 15 Apr 2012 16:32

cabingal3,
I will pray for you and yours on this new life journey. One thing I thank God for in my mess with Erin: there is no small child to suffer.
God bless

hattie
# Posted: 15 Apr 2012 18:27

Hi cabingal3.....I can't wait to see some photos of your progress!!! I'm sure the grandkids will enjoy being with you and helping out. Just make it all into a game. *S* Keep us posted on your progress!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Apr 2012 21:24

Hi Cabi

Im sorry about your daughter.... Your little grandsons will always be thankful for the love and stability they have living with you and GaryO. They will grow up to be stable , loving husbands and fathers. They will build cabins of their own with their kids, with the skills and knowledge you ve taught them.
They will be forever thankful..... For you.
XO

bobrok
# Posted: 16 Apr 2012 21:33

God bless.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.