Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Pressure treated posts for cabin walls..
Anonymous
# Posted: 28 Jun 2009 12:01

I was thinking about using 6x6x12 pressure treated posts with a spline for cabin walls. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Moontreeranch
# Posted: 29 Jun 2009 21:07

Stacked up like a "log" house? No need to go with PT, and expose your self to the ACQ...Decent overhangs, and a proper foundation will work with regular "logs". If you want to built log style check in your area for sawmills, some log home companys will sell "square logs" that you can then shape on site...freight and truck access will need to be addressed.

If you want to get "big" wood from a home center...I recently picked up some 4x6 doug fir timbers at HD and made our pinic table..
Table_at_Moon_Tree_R.jpg
Table_at_Moon_Tree_R.jpg

WILDCHILDMATTM
# Posted: 1 Jul 2009 22:59

Moontreeranch wow I don know if I want to build a home on it or eat on it. wonderful job.
thanks now my kid's need one like you made. the kid's say I can park the Harley on it if the snow gets to deep.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.