Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / What kind of pump for outdoor shower?
Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 23 Apr 2012 13:14

Looking to set up a shower outdoors ... I will be using
Black barrel to collect rainwater ... I have electric right at the shower. What type of pump should I use that is triggered by turning on the tap..
I would guess this pump to be plugged in at all times, except winter
and when I'm not there. Help!!??

wakeslayer
# Posted: 23 Apr 2012 16:53

You can just use a small RV pump. Shurflo is what I have used prior to digging my well. They are $75-$110. They automatically turn on when it senses flow required. DC is cheaper, I believe.

Rob_O
# Posted: 23 Apr 2012 18:17

This is one I was looking at but I decided to go with something like this instead. The fire department is at least 30 minutes away and I'd like some sort of fire control on site

YMMV, of course

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 18:02

Rob_o...I think those may drain my 55 gallon drum in like 3 seconds flat..LOL
Wakeslayer thanks I will check those out...
I think I will try to design something I can drain for winter and store indoors...kind of a self contained unit?! anyone done this?
Thanks for the replies!!

Rob_O
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 19:31

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
Rob_o...I think those may drain my 55 gallon drum in like 3 seconds flat..LOL

The first pump is the Shurflo wakeslayer was referring to.

I bought the second one today. It'll only pump as much water as I let out of the tap, I hope that's quite a bit if I ever *need* to run it wide open

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 20:54

I see..that is your fire protedtion back up...something to think about for sure...I will post what I come up with...I think I really want something self contained that I can drain and move indoors for the winter. I really only get dirty and sweaty in the summer anyways! LOL

Rob_O
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 21:24

I'll have to drain my tank and bring the pump home when it gets below freezing, so I'm planning accordingly

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 29 Apr 2012 17:42

I thought about your idea of the fire protection....I found a pump and pressure tank setup all contained on craigslist, its practically brand new....I will be getting bigger tanks and setting that up...I think I could just drain the tank down to half full and take the pump and pressure tank home with me?? Here is a pic of it....
pump.jpg
pump.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.