Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin Idea
Geno
# Posted: 29 Jun 2009 11:29

New to the forum, just thought I would share an idea on how we made our cabin. In North Dakota we have alot of old wooden granerys that are just sitting out in the field waiting for a new purpose in life. They are 12' or 16' wide by usually 28' long, 2'x6' walls with 3/4" plywood on them, and tongue and groove flooring. If you can find one that wasn't used to long ago the wood is usually pristine inside because they were always kept dry and full of grain. I purchased the building for $500 and there is no way I could have built it for that amount. We divided the building into a combination living room /kitchen area, and a bedroom which could have been divided into two if wanted. There is a loft at both ends, one for sleeping and one for storage. It suits ouf families needs and we all really enjoy it.

Thanks
Geno

soundandfurycabin
# Posted: 29 Jun 2009 23:19

That sounds cool, could you post a photo or two?

wildwood
# Posted: 25 Jul 2009 19:16

I, too, would like to see photos.

Geno
# Posted: 8 Aug 2009 02:37

More interior photos to come, thanks for looking.
Genes_Pics_027.jpg
Genes_Pics_027.jpg
Genes_Pics_074.jpg
Genes_Pics_074.jpg
Genes_Pics_095.jpg
Genes_Pics_095.jpg
Genes_Pics_075.jpg
Genes_Pics_075.jpg

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 9 Aug 2009 13:49 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

More pictures from Geno's cabin project. (just linking two posts).

Shiny
# Posted: 10 Aug 2009 15:50

What a great idea! good for you, wish there was grainerys around here.

-Shiny

ncjeeper
# Posted: 16 Oct 2009 18:02

Nice job

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.