Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Ecotemp plumbed to multiple faucets?
danielgraff
# Posted: 7 May 2012 21:53 - Edited by: danielgraff

Anyone plumbed multiple hot water "points" with one of the smaller Eccotemp on-demand hot water heaters? For example a shower head and a sink faucet.

Have you installed one inside or on the exterior?

Your thoughts, photos and input are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

razmichael
# Posted: 7 May 2012 22:24

I have plumbed my system as you describe (for my popup at the moment - to be migrated to the cabin when available). No photos currently - sorry. The pump output is split into two lines. One goes to a multiple connector directly which then connects to the cold water faucet on an inside sink and the cold faucet in an outside shower. The second line goes through the ecotemp L5. The output from the ecotemp then duplicates the cold water plumbing. Both faucets contain micro-switches that power on the pump when a tap is turned on. A number of the connectors are just quick connect type so I can remove the main components as a module for winter or storage. The multiple connectors I mentioned for both the cold and hot are, in my case, four way brass connectors so I could add another sink or hook up another hose if needed. All lines are PEX and standard hardware fittings. System works great although really only enough pressure for either the sink or shower if you really want some output. Both hot taps on will sometimes fire the ecotemp but not consistently. You could also add a pressure tank if you wanted rather than directly off the pump and faucet switches. For that matter, it works just using the pressure in the lines and the built in pressure switch in the pump but I choose to bypass this.

SamH
# Posted: 7 May 2012 23:15

We have one in our deer camp. I ran CPVC out the bottom to a "T" one side goes to the shower nozzle the other to the sink. Works great.

danielgraff
# Posted: 8 May 2012 11:15

Thanks guys.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.