Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / A few tips for the do it your-self guys
camp crooked
# Posted: 21 May 2012 17:10

I just came home from camp after a busy work weekend. I finally had the time and funds to finish the inside of the cabin and wanted to share my find. Our cabin is 12x20,no loft in the northeast kingdom of Vermont. I put 1x6 pine (old shipping crates) on the walls 10 yrs ago but never finished. I was going to run wires for a few more plugs while I had the chance. When i pulled 1 board off I had an avalanche of seeds and mouse poop. after demo-ing the rest of the boards I found a mess...Bad mess!! I never finished the top layer of wood and the top of the stud bay had been open for years. 1/2 of 2 stud bays were filled with seeds and other things with the rest of the well left with no insulation. Also thankfully I had run MC cable(metal clad) for my electrical otherwise a fire could have happened because mice LOVE wire insulation.The end result was a beautifully finished interior and a problem resolved. Please learn from our experiance as you build your cabin.

trollbridge
# Posted: 21 May 2012 22:01

Quoting: camp crooked
The end result was a beautifully finished interior and a problem resolved

Good things come to those who wait I guess!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.