Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / OSB used as flooring tiles
Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 20 Oct 2012 19:22

We're at our cabin this weekend and went into Eureka Springs, AR and went shopping. Went into a glass blower shop near the visitor center and they had part of the floor they had done where they cut half inch OSB plywood into one foot squares, polyeurathaned them and then laid them similar to how you lay ceramic tile and then grouted it in. I really liked the look of it and think I might try it at my place.

Any thoughts on this or known pitfalls or deficiancies anyone can think of that I should be aware of for this type of application?

Anonymous
# Posted: 21 Oct 2012 07:20

I'm sorry to say this, but it's OSB. This is some of the worst material, especially if used in a high use, high moisture area (front door). I would think this would wear out extremely fast. It may be pretty but it just doesn't seem practical.
Just wondering too, are you sure it wasn't a cork floor? A lot of that has the general appearance of OSB.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 21 Oct 2012 08:36

Nope, it was OSB for sure. Looked sharp. Guy said he laid it several years ago. He said if he changed it the only thing he'd do differently is he'd lay it with liquid nails rather than nailing it to the floor.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.