Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Update on my Kenora II 12x14
Retired
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 18:45

I have added some pictures of what it looks like at this point. I paid $24 for the blue prints commnly available on the web. Had alot of fun and learned alot.

Retired
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 18:46

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/LegendProducts/

Cooks Dock
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 20:22

Very nice. Did you happen to put infloor heating in the crete?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 20:25 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Retired, you bought it from http://www.townandcountryplans.com So did I. I built the Whitehorse.

neb
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 08:53

That is very nice!!!!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 11:19

Looks very nice. The attention to small details really make it stand out, ie the gable end siding, the wrapped columns, nice entry door, beveled siding etc. Nice work!

hattie
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 12:41 - Edited by: hattie

That is a really pretty cabin retired.
toyota_mdt_tech - I love all those plans!! Some of them are really oldworld style. Nice!!

Retired
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 13:58

I did not put any heating in the floor. I used 2x6 construction instead of the 2x4 in the plans. You don't see it in this picture but I used a 4-4-4 welded wire mesh in the concrete. It is so heavy that you have to place it on 3" concrete dobbies. You cannot pull it into the concrete when pouring the floor as it is to stiff, you cannot budge it when you stand on it. I also used 1/2' rebar in the walls of the monolithic slab.

Retired
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 14:33

The trusses have a 12 12 pitch so you can stand up up-stairs not sure that was in the original plan. If you're afraid of heights, as I was when I started you get used to it putting on the roofing. I will warn you though roofing around the dormer is time consuming. The dormer makes for allot of extra work, but worth it. I did not do the interior wall that the plans called for on the dormer so it made it more open upstairs. If you don't do the dormer it would seem claustrophobic.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.