Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / pull-down storage
tcmatt
# Posted: 22 Nov 2012 08:26

I have a 12x16 with a loft and was thinking of building some pull-down storage units/shelves that would work kinda like pull down attic stairs. I have an 8' high ceiling in half the cabin (the other half is open cathedral) and am thinking of building about 3 or 4 units that would go in between the 24" OC rafters on the 8' ceiling end. A quick internet search of attic-stair hardware resulted in a decision to not buy it - too cost prohibitive. So, now I'm thinking of ways to build and assemble from "scratch" and was wondering if anyone else has done anything similar. The basic idea is the units would be ~22" wide, ~6' long, ~18" deep, with 3-5 shelves/compartments for storing mainly clothes/blankets. Each compartment would be "open" (no drawers) except for a 6" high thin board along the front-bottom to keep things from falling out when the unit is pulled down (think of how shelving in boats are built to keep things from falling with the boats tilts).

So, anyone ever built anything like this?

dvgchef
# Posted: 22 Nov 2012 16:03

I haven't built this, but I was going to. Let me know how it works out.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.