Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Sprayed Foam Insulation idea
EvoQ
# Posted: 17 Dec 2012 11:42

I have a friend that recently was into the construction phase of his cabin. Fortunately for this guy he didn't live out in the wilds but about 30-45 from a small town.

But the point I m getting to is that my friend had the great Idea to first find and then call up the "most" local company that covered that area. My friend asked this company when the next time they were going out to a job site close to his location that if they could swing by his cabin would it save him any money.

OMG what he told me floored me as the guy he talked to was very willing to help him out and the savings was astronomical. Since the Insulating company was already in that area they were able to cut the costs down considerably. Just by thinking things through a little bit can and will go a Super Long way.

My friend was able to almost cut the Insulating bill in half.

If any of you don't already know; this sprayed in expanding foam offers the Ultimate in insulating Factor and Value. Just in Insulating factor alone this product out performs anything else on the market by a Long Shot. If you live in the Northern Lands you should consider this Spray In Expanding Foam first in the Insulation of your Cabin and or Project.

The energy cost savings alone will get your attention. I just wanted to throw this tid-bit out there, so give your local spray in foam company a call to see when they will be in your area.

Even if it saves them not many miles just the fact that they are doing 2 jobs rather than just the 1 will save that company and You a Ton of money.

Fusil62
# Posted: 17 Dec 2012 14:01

Our "shack" is in northern MN. It is really a 3 season as we only use a kero heater. Once we got the ceiling put in the ability to hold heat was great. The plan for next spring is to pull the loft floor and spray in on he ceiling below, the re-lay the floor. This is what I thinking about.
http://www.foampower.com/index.php

EvoQ
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 02:27 - Edited by: EvoQ

It has an R Value of 7 per inch...thats what I'm talkig bout !!!. This Spray On Foam is easy to apply, infinitely resilient to apply around odd angles/corners/etc....WoW.....Foam is Def the way to go. I can see where the 1 part system would be much easier to apply no 2 part mixing the catalyst. But this is exactly what I was talking about in terms of Insulating one's own Cabin. I just wonder on the cost. But surely as a DIY kit it must be economical.

My friends Cabin that I eluded to in my post was not a Small Cabin by any means, so this wouldn't work for him as he is Not the DIY type at all but this product here might be the way to go for most all of us Small Cabin people for sure. I would guess that you are looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $600.00 plus for a 300 sq/ft Cabin. Thats just for 2 inches of foam but at an r value of R14 that will take care of the coldest winter. I would "Read the Installation instructions HEAVILY" as from what I know allot of these spray on foams adhere to cardboard as a base substrate, so the installation crews prefer cardboard placed on all surfaces before hand.

However, I am no expert of this spray on Foam Insulation by any means.IMHO it is by far the best of the best in terms of Insulating for Value vs Efficiency vs Cost. Do your research and you will do very Well for yourself. Sound like an awesome product for sure. very Good Choice !

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 18 Dec 2012 10:19

We have spray foam ceiling, ICF walls and radiant floor heating. Every time we go we comment on how amazing it is compared to our home in the city. We don't have drafts, cold spots, dips in temp and it is silent. I keep trying to figure out a way to add spray foam at our home in the city...hmm.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.